Ronnie Spain's Book

Hi Ronnie,

The list grows ever longer, but if you could find your way to adding me to it, it would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Jon

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Ronnie.

A huge thank you for all the effort you have put into this labour of love.
I can assure you it is extremely appreciated by all of us fanatics of 40's.

If at all possible please include me in your list.

Best regards
Dimi.

Hi Ronnie

I have a soft cover version of your last book and have read it front to back twice and would love to have a copy of your latest work. Can you add me to the ever increasing list please.

Darrell

Ron Earp

Admin
Dear Members,

I think Ronnie is going to have a heck of a time organizing this for the forum members. I suggest that an interested forum supporter from each country step forward to handle the logistics of getting the signed books for their country members and then distributing them inside the border. Shipping overseas is enough of a pain to not compound it for each individual. This way Ronnie and/or Ronnie's publisher only has to make one shipment per country.

Ronnie might have already made other arrangements, but I think offering to assist is the best way forward.

And yes, of course I'd like to purchase a signed copy too.

Ron

Hello Ronnie. Sounds like Beatlemania! Seriously, please put my name down for one, although due to my disability, an electronic downloadable version would be nice. Best Wishes.. Andrew

Ron,

Thanks for the suggestion for forum members to offer to look after interest in the new book for their relevant countries, but I won't have a problem dealing with everything direct from here. After all, completing the book will leave me with a huge feeling of anti-climax, after all this time working on it. So I am kind of looking forward to seeing it heading off to all points of the globe from a hands on standpoint.

But if some members would indeed like to get involved, then if I can ship in bulk, so to speak, to them, and then they can deal with onward distribution, then I imagine it should cut the post & packing costs to the buyers considerably from the cost of posting each copy individually from here.

Time to worry about that later though.

Got to finish the thing first!

And Ron, I would consider myself an extremely ungrateful sod if I didn't already have you on my list for complimentary copies.

It's the very least I can do as a thank you to you.

Ronnie Spain

Hi Ronnie,
Please put me down for a signed copy of your book. Since before I watched the '69 Le Mans on ABC's Wide World of Sport, I have been hooked on this car.

Best regards,
Wayne

Ronnie,

For what it's worth, I would be willing to distribute them in the Netherlands.
I don't know how many copies, my guess is that it won't be many.

Geert-Jan

I am sure Ellen and Thijs from AutoNetcarbooks will sell most copies in The Netherlands and they are very reasonable on postage.

John

Ronnie,

I thought I had responded but just discovered I haven't. Please do add me to the autographed copy list. I very much look forward to your book.

Daryl

Hi guys,

I have all the signed book requests logged away, and thank you for them. I will certainly let the forum know when the finished book has finally been waved off to the publisher. Also, thanks for the NL distribution offers and suggestions. Much appreciated, guys.

Allan, I don't think there is any danger yet of an unsigned copy being the rarest version of the new book, but I have to admit that I have frequently been handed copies of my original book to sign which I have then found out I had already signed before, but have no reccollection whatsoever of having done.

This old age thing....... Don't like it at all!

But a few things spring to mind as I typed that.

One. I heard a veteran American comedian - I think it was George Burns - asked once: "You have achieved so much with your life. You have had so many awards. You have just celebrated your 75th birthday. Do you still have any ambitions?" Back came the reply, "A 76th birthday party would be nice."

Two. I heard another veteran showbiz celebrity asked: "To what do you owe your great age?" The instantaneous response was: "I haven't died yet!"

Three. Yet another name unidentified by my failing memory was asked: "How do you feel about growing old?". Back came: "I far prefer it to the alternative."

So, all things considered, I'll settle for growing older each year.

Thanks again, everyone,

Ronnie Spain

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I would love to purchase your book.

Please add my name to the list

Thanks Dwight Frye

Steve

Supporter
Ronnie,

At the risk of inducing some serious writing cramps come signing day, I would love a signed copy as well.

Steve Meletiou

Ronnie, will you be at classic Le Mans, would love for you to sign our gt around the world car......gtjoey1314

Hi Ronnie ,
I humbly request a signed copy as well . And look forward to reading it soon .

I know a good massage therapist to help with the writing cramps !

Back