Ronnie Spain's Book

Hi Ronnie

I would be most grateful if you could add me to the list of recipients of a signed copy of your new book. Long may you continue to be the foremost guru on all things GT40.

Chris Simpson

Ronnie,

As a new member but long time fan of GT-40s and the history of Ford Racing I would be interested in learning more about your new book.

My son at 12 is a huge GT-40 fan and we figure that's a good thing.

JP

Hi guys,

Here I am for another update. Sorry it’s been so long, but you all know why! Also, sorry it’s such a long posting, but I have a lot to catch up on.

First of all, thanks Bill Brownlee, Julian, Tom Tomlinson, Chris Simpson and Bill (Wadietz?) for your requests for signed copies of the new book. I’ve added you all to the list. I will ask all of you, as well as all the others who have requested signed copies, to PM me with your e-mail addresses later on so that I can contact you all directly and make sure I get all the needed postal details. I’ll make a posting shortly of all the names, and re-post as necessary with reduced list until I’ve got everybody’s details.

On to other responses now.

Brian Stewart – If David Brown can manage to get your 6-feet 4-inches into the car he’s building for you, then maybe there’s hope for my mere 6-feet 3-inches after all. But I know it’s not that straightforward. Colin Crabbe is 6-feet 7-inches, and managed – granted with a large bulge in the top of the door – to race GT40 P/1021. But when I sit in a GT40 with my feet on the pedals, and my bum properly on the seat, I wouldn’t need a bulge in the top of the door, I’d need a clear plexi-bubble, because my eye-level is well above the roof of the car! Why the hell am I so hooked on a car I could never possibly drive??? But I still look forward to seeing how David copes for you!

Jim Pearson – Thanks for posting the shot of your car, as well as for the extra info on it that I didn’t know before. I’ve only ever seen your avatar shot of the car, and a very few other photos on the Internet that were not much bigger, so it is very nice to have a decent shot of it at last.

Adrian – Thanks for thinking of me regarding the 2 GT40s that were going to be auctioned, and the extra work that would give me. But I’ve posted on the “GT40’s on the block this weekend” thread about not just the two, but the four GT40s that changed hands at the auctions, and have posted that I have survived! Thanks for the thoughts though.

John Peck – I’m honoured that you should use your first ever posting on the forum to ask me about my new book on behalf of your 12-year old GT40 fan son. I certainly don’t want to give everything away in advance, but within the next month at most I will make a posting briefly summing up the content. If I were to try to say it all, I’d end up having to publish the book here!! But for all the years this new book has been going on, I have to say that a huge amount of what has gone into it (and is still going into it – I am still tap-tapping about 10 hours a day!!) has come to me in only the last few years. It has all been quite remarkable. And it has really upgraded what I already knew to be a top notch book to a level beyond my wildest dreams. I just can’t wait! Why do people say that, when they know that is precisely what they know they are going to have to do?

Anyway, back to the grind. Thanks to one and all.

Ronnie Spain

Also I would love a copy....Maybe someone in Oz could take down all the Aussie orders. So there is just one shipment...will be much easier.....

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Hello there Ronnie,
We would very much appreciate two copies if you get some time.

James and Alistair

I am really keen to get a signed copy of the new book. My 1996 edition, bought at a remainder sale at least 10 years, is rather dog eared to say the least........ Still one of my absolute favourite books, read often and still amazes me the level of research and detail.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Guys, important to note from Ronnie's post up above::

I will ask all of you, as well as all the others who have requested signed copies, to PM me with your e-mail addresses later on so that I can contact you all directly and make sure I get all the needed postal details. I’ll make a posting shortly of all the names, and re-post as necessary with reduced list until I’ve got everybody’s details.
Ronnie Spain

Ronnie thank you again for your consideration of the GT40s.com community!

Hi guys,

Trying to keep on top of things better, so to bring myself up to date again, Troy, Dave, JP, Jimmy Mac, David Briggs, Timmmy, Garret, Doc Watson, John Myers and Rottie, thanks for your signed book requests, and your names are all noted. Also thanks to those of you who have already PM'ed me with your e-mail addresses. No rush for those at the moment, but it's nice to have made a start all the same.

And Jimmy Mac, based in the same sunny country as myself? I won't need an e-mail address for the books for you and Alistair, I'll deliver them to you both personally. Any excuse to get out of the house by then! PM me with where I'll need to go to, and I'll look forward to seeing both of you as well as your cars on the day.

Next, David Briggs, and from San Diego. Any relation to the man of the same name and the same city who owned GT40/105 back in the late sixties? Or is this just another coincidence to add to my ever growing list. By the way, I love the colour of your car!

And finally Timmmy. Very impressed by the effort that must have gone into the GT40 write up you posted elsewhere on the forum. I'll PM you with a few thoughts on it when I've had the time to read through it all. Time, as I'm sure you'll understand, is at a premium for me just now though. But I will PM you.

And I will try to catch up with my replies to my received PMs in the next day or so. My apologies to those of you still not replied to.

All the best, guys,

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

If its not to late I to would love to be added to the list for a signed copy of your new bok as my old copy is starting to look a bit dog eared.

Back