Salvation Through Jesus Christ -- Prayer

Actually as a fundamentalist I agree with you Jim they do the cause of Christ no favors. They would be part of the same group that tried to kill Jesus because his teachings and the people he hung out with were so radical. Just the two cents of someone who would rather live it out and have someone ask questions rather than proclaim it on the corner for everyone to see. Kinda like perfume....better discovered than announced :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Actually as a fundamentalist I agree with you Jim they do the cause of Christ no favors. They would be part of the same group that tried to kill Jesus because his teachings and the people he hung out with were so radical. Just the two cents of someone who would rather live it out and have someone ask questions rather than proclaim it on the corner for everyone to see. Kinda like perfume....better discovered than announced :)

Aha, the voice of reason. Don't force yourself upon me I will resist. Lead and I may follow.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What a second. Jeff (me), Pete and Keith all agree its silly to talk fundamentalist Christianity on a car forum?

The world must TRULY be coming to an end!

Keith

Reason? REASON!!???

This is the damned Paddock not the Male Waxers Debating Society!! :evil:

Pete, i never thought that Loire Valley tipple were THAT strong mate.... :shocked2:

Tim does make a good point though. I like the analogy of perfume "discovery."

Exactly that...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Now which part of the good book is this from:

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.

To judge from the notions expounded by theologians, one must conclude that God created most men simply with a view to crowding hell.

I really like that quote....it reminds me of something George MacDonald would have written

Charlie Farley

Supporter
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE NUN SITTING AT HER DESK GRADING THESE PAPERS, ALL THE WHILE TRYING TO KEEP A STRAIGHT FACE AND MAINTAIN HER COMPOSURE!
PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO THE WORDING AND SPELLING. IF YOU KNOW THE BIBLE EVEN A LITTLE, YOU'LL FIND THIS HILARIOUS! IT supposedly COMES FROM A CATHOLIC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEST.

KIDS WERE ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS. THE FOLLOWING 25 STATEMENTS ABOUT THE BIBLE WERE WRITTEN BY CHILDREN.THEY HAVE NOT BEEN RETOUCHED OR CORRECTED. INCORRECT SPELLING HAS BEEN LEFT IN.

1. IN THE FIRST BOOK OF THE BIBLE, GUINESSIS. GOD GOT TIRED OF CREATING THE WORLD SO HE TOOK THE SABBATH OFF.

2. ADAM AND EVE WERE CREATED FROM AN APPLE TREE. NOAH'S WIFE WAS JOAN OF ARK. NOAH BUILT AND ARK AND THE ANIMALS CAME ON IN PEARS.

3. LOTS WIFE WAS A PILLAR OF SALT DURING THE DAY, BUT A BALL OF FIRE DURING THE NIGHT.

4. THE JEWS WERE A PROUD PEOPLE AND THROUGHOUT HISTORY THEY HAD TROUBLE WITH UNSYMPATHETIC GENITALS.

5. SAMPSON WAS A STRONGMAN WHO LET HIMSELF BE LED ASTRAY BY A JEZEBEL LIKE DELILAH.

6. SAMSON SLAYED THE PHILISTINES WITH THE AXE OF THE APOSTLES.

7. MOSES LED THE JEWS TO THE RED SEA WHERE THEY MADE UNLEAVENED BREAD, WHICH IS BREAD WITHOUT ANY INGREDIENTS.

8. THE EGYPTIANS WERE ALL DROWNED IN THE DESSERT. AFTERWARDS, MOSES WENT UP TO MOUNT CYANIDE TO GET THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.

9. THE FIRST COMMANDMENTS WAS WHEN EVE TOLD ADAM TO EAT THE APPLE.

10. THE SEVENTH COMMANDMENT IS THOU SHALT NOT ADMIT ADULTERY.

11. MOSES DIED BEFORE HE EVER REACHED CANADA THEN JOSHUA LED THE HEBREWS IN THE BATTLE OF GERITOL.

12. THE GREATEST MIRICLE IN THE BIBLE IS WHEN JOSHUA TOLD HIS SON TO STAND STILL AND HE OBEYED HIM.

13. DAVID WAS A HEBREW KING WHO WAS SKILLED AT PLAYING THE LIAR. HE FOUGHT THE FINKELSTEINS, A RACE OF PEOPLE WHO LIVED IN BIBLICAL TIMES.

14. SOLOMON, ONE OF DAVIDS SONS, HAD 300 WIVES AND 700 PORCUPINES.

15. WHEN MARY HEARD SHE WAS THE MOTHER OF JESUS, SHE SANG THE MAGNA CARTA.

16. WHEN THE THREE WISE GUYS FROM THE EAST SIDE ARRIVED THEY FOUND JESUS IN THE MANAGER.

17. JESUS WAS BORN BECAUSE MARY HAD AN IMMACULATE CONTRAPTION.

18. ST. JOHN THE BLACKSMITH DUMPED WATER ON HIS HEAD.

19. JESUS ENUNCIATED THE GOLDEN RULE, WHICH SAYS TO DO UNTO OTHERS BEFORE THEY DO ONE TO YOU. HE ALSO EXPLAINED A MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY SWEAT ALONE.

20. IT WAS A MIRICLE WHEN JESUS ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND MANAGED TO GET THE TOMBSTONE OFF THE ENTRANCE.

21. THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWED THE LORD WERE CALLED THE 12 DECIBELS.

22. THE EPISTELS WERE THE WIVES OF THE APOSTLES.

23. ONE OF THE OPPOSSUMS WAS ST. MATTHEW WHO WAS ALSO A TAXIMAN.

24. ST. PAUL CAVORTED TO CHRISTIANITY, HE PREACHED HOLY ACRIMONY, WHICH IS ANOTHER NAME FOR MARRAIGE.

25. CHRISTIANS HAVE ONLY ONE SPOUSE. THIS IS CALLED MONOTONY.

Aren't children Great !!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
They ain't so little.

Saw this on FB today: "I think gay people should definitely have the right to marry. Why should straight people be the only ones suffering?"

Kinda like perfume....better discovered than announced :)

How could anyone want to wait for others to "discover" the horrors of eternity without the Almighty God or his son Jesus the Christ?

We are called to announce it to the world:

"And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."
Matthew 24:14 (NIV)

In 2009 a Korean girl was caught during an all-night prayer by the spirit of the LORD. She was instructed to draw what she was shown about Hell.

Here is the page depicting the place people that do not repent and call on Jesus as their Lord go.

image004.jpg

"Most people have a misconception about Hell. They are deluded and think that if they "Only Believe in Jesus Christ," they will end up in Heaven. Some even think that once they die, there is nothing afterwards.

People believe as they think, and therefore they live their lives as they please…"

"Jesus forgives our sins when we repent."

Mike Pass

Supporter
Pure 100% horseshit.
It's about time this stuff was relegated to the same place as the the flat earth, ghosts, the Yeti, Ra, Baal, the Loch Ness Monster and fairies at the bottom of the garden etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ad infinitum.
Then again why use your reason when you can just believe some ancient hokum.
Cheers
Mike

Pete, how many times have similar things been said about threads from other zealots only to hear a chorus of "this is the paddock anything goes"?
This is only one fruitcake thread, but what about the gazillion other threads that have no place here and ruin this forum?

If these guys knew how many people they were turning away from their cause they would die of embarrassment lol.
I know this forum is now the reason I am a firm democrat. ;p
Personally I have been exposed to people like this since birth and I find them hilarious, much funnier than the boring US political propagandists.

Here is a link that will help explain religion -
Try again -
Nope, it appears there's nothing there... ;p

Tim

Nobody cares about a little background murmer of politics and religion, but things get out of control so easily and the original character of forums like this one is lost - probably forever.

Sad.

Tim.

Ps post away Pete, the god created in this thread starter's image ain't listening to you, too busy piling brimstone into the BBQ lol

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Farley

"

Exactly

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Ryeno isn't going to go away. He's having too much fun being a martyr over here. We ought to be glad he's only martyring himself on one thread, is what I say. It would be worse if he was on all of them.

You're unlikely to save anyone here, Ryeno. And I don't think you're going to get many converts. Remember- Jesus saves, but Moses invests. :) Maybe you should keep moving and look elsewhere, on more fertile ground.

Of course if you want to stay here and beat your head against the wall, go for it. Knock yourself out, so to speak.

How could anyone want to wait for others to "discover" the horrors of eternity without the Almighty God or his son Jesus the Christ?

We are called to announce it to the world:

Ryeno,

What I am trying to express is that it is often better to proclaim the truth with our lives rather than our mouths. Who can deny the reality of a radically changed life lived to love the lost not beat them over the head. To quote an old pastor "people don't care how much you know until they know how much you care". Just my two cents

Back