Science vs Beliefs

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
How about we start with pressuring China and India, amongst other flagrant polluters, rather than destroying First World economies?

Oh, THAT just wouldn't be RATIONAL, Bob...not to mention uncaring and UN-p.c. ...you insensitive capitalist PIG, you. Where's your "compassion"? The goal is to bring ALL "first world" economies down to "third world" status so that E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y lives in squalor, idiot. Wise up. :veryangry:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm afraid we will have to agree to disagree Terry. Without carbon all life on earth would cease.
Good idea Bob throw India into the mix as well.

I think its quite safe to call it a money go round, any charges like these levied against a large company would be 100% tax deductible. The losers would be the companies that dont make a profit and private individuals.

Bob

Understood Bob, but frankly, business doesn't work quite like that. In reality any increase in cost to business, gets translated into the price of the goods or services supplied, so the business writes it off yet the consumer still pays an increase due to reported increases in supply costs.

However, I specifically did not mention big business. I talked only about SME. Not all SME businesses can afford to carry extra taxes and patiently wait for the tax returns to be done, filed and moneys returned. Cash-Flow makes SME's work, bottom line on a monthly basis. If it were so simple as to dismiss CCL because it comes off the tax bill, why are some specific businesses immune from paying the CCL, such as certain types of farming, or charities, or government offices? Note the last one!

Understood Bob, but frankly, business doesn't work quite like that. In reality any increase in cost to business, gets translated into the price of the goods or services supplied, so the business writes it off yet the consumer still pays an increase due to reported increases in supply costs.

However, I specifically did not mention big business. I talked only about SME. Not all SME businesses can afford to carry extra taxes and patiently wait for the tax returns to be done, filed and moneys returned. Cash-Flow makes SME's work, bottom line on a monthly basis. If it were so simple as to dismiss CCL because it comes off the tax bill, why are some specific businesses immune from paying the CCL, such as certain types of farming, or charities, or government offices? Note the last one!

Farming benefits from rebated fuel,they have immunity from business rates, free road tax / exemption from mot on road going tractors, ccl and they charge a flat rate vat of something like 4%.HM Revenue & Customs. Without all this and a few extras like subsidies you might just notice an increase in food prices. Charities have always had a few concessions and it makes sense not to load the government buildings as its not producing anything other than misery.

Bob

Sounds like a spiral Bob :(

Logic suggests then, that nothing makes it on its own anymore, so it should follow that all businesses must be subsidised or none. EPIC FAIL?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Stop Wasting Money on the IPCC

Media Statement by Viv Forbes
Chairman, The Carbon Sense Coalition.
2nd October 2013

Any quotes taken directly from this statement may be attributed to Mr Forbes

The Carbon Sense Coalition today called on the Australian government to stop wasting money on IPCC activities – “no submissions, no delegates, no funds”.

The Chairman of Carbon Sense, Mr Viv Forbes, said that the repeated failures of the IPCC theories and climate models shows that the money spent on these activities would be better spent on disaster-proofing public infrastructure – “whatever we spend on IPCC activities is too much”.

Quote:

The science debate is over. They lost.

Decades ago the IPCC proposed a theory that Earth’s temperature is controlled by the 0.04% trace of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

This theory was used to make predictions by at least 73 computer models.

Thirty years of observations has proven every prediction wrong.

Therefore their theory is wrong. That is how science works.

Now, faced with collapse of their theory and de-funding of their activities, the alarmist crew have switched to politics.

The IPCC Summary document released last week with all the hoopla of a political convention is a political document produced by consensus. It was negotiated by a faceless committee of international bureaucrats for their government masters, most of whom have a vested interest in proving there is a continuing problem needing international taxes and controls.

Consensus is the tool of politics. Public opinion is where the next climate battle will be fought.

They will lose again. It is time to stop wasting money on a lost cause.

Unquote

Viv Forbes,
Chairman, The Carbon Sense Coalition
O754 640 533 (this number has become intermittent also, because of the storm – use email).

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sure there's at least ONE diehard here who will very enthusiastically tell us how completely WRONG Mr. Forbes is regarding all the above...and 'will post various charts and graphs (from the very people who've been debunked) that show otherwise.

That's how the game seems to work.

Back