Scotts build thread

I made that lens my bitch!

The 2 sided mold worked perfectly.

The under side of the lens will be painted black around the side. I will probably run a small bead of black silicone down to seal and hold the lens on when doing final assembly after paint.

Thanks Al. the lens cover really wrapped the whole thing up and gave it the right amount of detail I was looking for. Ofcourse, it still needs things like dive pklanes and a larger splitter too. Haha. Gonna retire on this front!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I am expecting this thing to look just nuts when all painting etc is done.
Back is on the car, and have started toying with some designs. Will be doing rear fender vents in the same as the front, only wider of course.
I am pretty stuck on a major part of it though that nobody has done (that I know of atleast), is hinging the rear from the front of clam, instead of the rear. I will be making a cut roughly on the centerline of rear tire, all the way across. The rear most portion will be permanently fixed to car, including the wing! This really simplifies alot of things including not limiting how much body work and rear diffuser size I can have on the rear. Also, allows for a rear spine of sorts. It also allows a trunk/storage of sorts to happen. Just need to figure it all out. Haha.

I am in the middle of coming to market locally on what I found to be a huge gap in a heavily used commercial and residential product. I have been able to create a patented way of simplifying manufacturing combined with mass purchase quantities to get my installed prices nearly 60% of my closest competitors. It is perfectly set up to franchise companies in other states also.
Needless to say, work on car has been slow lately. Hoping to create more time for cars in the future, when I'm all stinky with money and such. ;)

Last edited:
Got the DRL/blinker figured out. It is actually recessed into headlight bucket, flush with surface. Still need to finish. There is good vision of it from any forward angle.

I also found out the led tubes I have will cut out the drl if the blinker is running, and turn on after about 1.5 seconds after blinker signal cuts out. Just like it should. Luckily i found out as I was trying to figure out how to make it do it with relays.

Hey Scott those look great.
What LED tubes did you use and how did you get the DRL to turn off with the turn signals?

Just do a search for "led tube" on ebay. Tons will pop up. I didn't realize they did it until I noticed a slight delay once I took power off of blinker while drl was still powered up. It is a combo type light, both amber and white in same tube. I then touched the blinker wire to power at the interval the blinker works at, and the drl didn't come on in between. But, turned back on after a second or so that power was off from blinker. It just does it on it's own thanks to unicorns and other magic.

Time has been a serious comodity lately, but had a chance to pull some tape and start getting the rear upper parts designed. Gotta use your imagination abit to fill in the blanks, but all the lines work and should be a really nice look.
I will be doing a center spine, it will just taper down and be relatively short. It will start very gradual near center of roof, and grow to about 12" tall at rear in a sweeping line.
Fender vent outline for rear, and adding same style of vents to lower sides to vent engine heat. Cardboard cut outs will be air scoops.

Subscribed. Man, awesome work on the car, especially the headlights and the lenses. Can't wait to see what's in store as you get to the tail.

So, I guess you could say work has started on the back. Been planning this for about 6 months, so this is pretty much as good as it gets for the space I need. I plan to pull engine air from the top two openings, then will probably do some type of vent on the back slope of new add on piece. With this shape, I will have about 1/2" clearance off of intake.
Hard to see contours do to color, but you can pretty much get the idea. Mold is made from clay.

Scott, the car looks amazing so far!

Very nice work on the headlights and covers!!! I was actually considering something similar with the LED tubes. My only concern was how the tube would look when not lit (against the black background in the headlight well). How do they look unlit? How did you end up securing the tube in there?

I love the front end. The only thing I really don't like at all (just my useless 2 cents), are the points in front of the headlights. I don't think that sharp point at either side in the front of the fender/nose blends in at all with the rest of the car. If it were me, I would definitely round those off just a little in the front and more so at the top as they blend into the headlights.

Did you end up making a mold for the front wheel well vent(s)? If so I might be interested in buying a set from you as yours look great!

Looking forward to all our custom work in the rear. So far it looks great! Rear wheel-well vents were something else I was considering doing. I'm assuming they would actually serve a purpose at speed too, maybe Fran has done some modeling with them?

Thanks Scot

The led tubes are white when not lit. But, they are also white on all of the Audi, Lambo, and Benz that have them also. They are super bright, so you could put a little tint on them. I cut a 1/2" wide notch for the light to sit in. Still need to build the back housing portion for them to sit in. They will be flush with bucket, not sticking up higher.
I will probably paint my buckets body color, and only do the recessed area where lights are in black. I am still deciding on color combos, but it will most likely be a tri color design.
Have not molded the front fender vents. Will wait until everything is finished and see how interest is on the parts. I have a feeling many could benefit from the upper piece I will be glassing up today on the rear clam. It should fit most any motor combo or intake underneath it, plus give a simple way to get cold air for intake.

Back