Scotts build thread

Finally on the car mounted. Upper mount is adjustable via clevis and double cotter pins.
Mounts added a little weight. Should be at about 22# for the entire set up. I can stand on it fine, and the body work will fasten to it also.

Ready for paint!!

Lots more to do obviously, but, finally the shape itself is coming together. Letting it set up now and will start carving later tonight.

Thanks Matt.

Well, it is shaping into something. Going to have to shape fender to shape of cardboard to work. Still very rough, but taking some sort of shape.

Look at you all making an addition to the back of the house! At least it will be well insulated, what R rating is that sheet?

Like the long tail, considered that myself but at the time I'd already bit off plenty to chew. As always, looking forward the the evolution.

2 part expandable foam was used as the base for some of my work, it might be useful to you on the tops of the decklid. Just make some crude forms out of cardboard and fill it in with foam. Available at Tap Plastics if you have those up there.

As much as I like the extension and rear, I have to add my comment even if offensive. The squared off tail really reminds me a lot of the FFR GTM. And that is not a good thing as that car fell off the ugly tree. Please make this thing look different shape off the back, Please. BTW, amazing work so far.:furious:

Look at you all making an addition to the back of the house! At least it will be well insulated, what R rating is that sheet?

Like the long tail, considered that myself but at the time I'd already bit off plenty to chew. As always, looking forward the the evolution.

2 part expandable foam was used as the base for some of my work, it might be useful to you on the tops of the decklid. Just make some crude forms out of cardboard and fill it in with foam. Available at Tap Plastics if you have those up there.

I have some of that 2 part foam. Seems I have a tough time getting it mixed quick and consistently enough. Lol. If I need to add back on here or there, I will use it though.

As much as I like the extension and rear, I have to add my comment even if offensive. The squared off tail really reminds me a lot of the FFR GTM. And that is not a good thing as that car fell off the ugly tree. Please make this thing look different shape off the back, Please. BTW, amazing work so far.:furious:

I shall try not to disappoint you. Lol.

A little bit further, and some center divider tests.

I am really liking the shorter version. It runs right in line with the engine cover, and makes it one sweeping line. Wing will hang from it, but will also have connections to rear body sides.
The engine cover will get redesigned to flow in a little better and taper along the shorter center divider.

Lemans style divider. A bit large.

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Looking Great Scott!

Reminds me of an MC12:

Attachments

• DSC_0779.JPG
    DSC_0779.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 322
Scott......LOL WOW WOW WOW I'll keep on watching, you keep on building. You are crazy, frickin crazy....Get after it. I'm not going to comment until you get more finished. And at the pace you work, that won't be long.

My thought is if the wing attaches at the ends to the now extended rear bodywork like an LMP, it'd give it a pretty nice look.

Heres where I am at now. I successfully made a set of '81 Corvette tail lights and a sucker fish mouth onto the back. FUCK!! Haha

There is no one simple recipe to guarantee success with this. No common angle, no common taper, no common height, etc to mathmatically come up with a rule of thumb pattern to head towards. I am thinking I am boardering on too complex though.
On the safe side though, one or two parts of the car can look stupid, but the bad assness of the car in general can pull it through to a wicked over all look.

Test of a rear brake duct. Also, decided to have the intake itself showing instead of making another lens over it. Keep a 1/2" clearance and it will be a great hot air escape when in traffic also.
I think the little upper tail add on saved it. Just going to refine it, but, I think this is something to continue further with in finishing.

Think I am ditching the round lights. Found a killer deal on these. They are for a custom chopper and dot! Think I can mount two each side into something interesting.
s-l1600.jpg

Back