Scotts build thread

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Scott,
I thought the side scoop in the rear in your last creation looked good......gave it more finesse.... broke it up a bit and made it look less heavy and "chunky."
Just my opinion,
David

(Totally sincere)Scott, the life of a genius is a lonely one (I know!)

For any dry spells that come your way, I leave just a TAD of---inspiration. To tide you over.

BEHOLD! The Eviate Hypercar.

13445636_631817023639568_3119569014536387479_n.jpg

A thing of beauty is a joy forever . . .

Totally Sincerely Yours,

Les (/end Totally sincere)

v Think I figured out the cure. Need to remove the outsides of the diffuser. Then I won't need to square things off so much and be alot more open.
Original plan with this current side was to build flat as shown un til I built the wing supports, then do something to the flat side. But, I am not sure it is a road I want to keep going down at this point.

(Totally sincere)Scott, the life of a genius is a lonely one (I know!)

For any dry spells that come your way, I leave just a TAD of---inspiration. To tide you over.

BEHOLD! The Eviate Hypercar.

13445636_631817023639568_3119569014536387479_n.jpg

A thing of beauty is a joy forever . . .

Totally Sincerely Yours,

Les (/end Totally sincere)

v Thanks Les.

That thing is pretty dang wild looking for sure!

Lets bring this to an interest vote. Thanks to whoseever pic I got from google, but worked great for this purpose.
Did some side profile only sketches. Some run back level off of top of rear fender, some follow the downward slope. Some have the upper deck lid scoops I would need to do to keep the current intake. Some have the wing integrated into body, others will use stand offs. One is only about 4" longer than original, while a few are the same upper length I have already mocked up.
Let me know opinions. Tweaked the photos a little so it blends in the drawn in sections better.

I am leaning towards #6 myself.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
My own 2 cents is 1/5/6 look best...but, the lighting in any of those photos isn't really all that good. One cannot see the 'detail' well at all. Would like to see those photos taken in the daylight! :lol:

I prefer 4 with the engine scoop from 2/3. The scoop could be quite a nice feature. Does you're front look the same in profile as those pictures?

If I were to have a DD car with lower ground clearance, I'd want short overhangs. The front is probably the biggest issue there though, but I'd keep that in mind for the rear too.

Roger

So, I am seeing a trend here. Most people are liking the "run straight off the top of fender back" look, including myself. Also a hedge towards incorporating wing into body work on sides. Also, most are good with side profile of rear engine cover. I will need to build another one to fit the shape I have drawn above.
Once the side profile is decided, I will take that dimensions and do 5-6 straight on rear view drawings for vote again. It will truely be "the peoples car"!! Haha.

Back