Sexual Harrasment in Colorado School!

over in good ole NZ a little isl just over the ditch from here in Oz the headmaster of a country school who's students were not doing to good academically or socialy has tried a whole new approach.
what he did was allow the kids to climb trees, allow the kids to play foot ball in the rain, allow the kids to play bull rush [ a rather physical game of tag] and basicly just be normal kids, and guess what, absenteeism has dropped to almost zero , grades have improved ten fold, and the kids have learned manners, bloody amazing
other schools are looking into it apparently and the education dept has endorsed his initiative
john

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...and the latest lunacy:

Student reprimanded for saying

NOTE: I cannot remember a speech given by any president of the U.S. (even Obama) that didn't end with G.B.A. (I'm not referring to press conferences, or statements, or announcements. I'm referring to SPEECHES. [Well, Obama DID end his last SOTU speech with "...and God bless this country we love"...but...])

I'm r-e-a-l-l-y getting tired of atheists dictating what can and cannot be...

'Would like to have simply "edited" the above - buuuuuuuuut, 'not possible on this site, so:

I'd really like to see this kid and his parents SUE the school over this. Seriously. I believe they should. And it should be done in every school, every time a school admin backs some agenda-pushing athiest (or anyone else) by pulling this kind of unconstitutional crap. Not only that, but, any school admins/school board admins found to have enabled/supported "discipline" of that type should be 'sent down the road'.

As Jeremy Dys stated in the above piece: "Whether a student is being patriotic or engaging in religious speech, there is no law in this country forbidding a student from telling his or her classmates, ‘God bless America’ and it is illegal for a school to censor a student for doing so."

This sorta stuff has gotten waaaaaaaaaay outta hand in this country.

I'm sick of it.

'Stepping off my soapbox now...

Unfortunately, it's this very compensation, no win no fee, sue for everything that upsets you attitude.

I'd really like to see this kid and his parents SUE the school over this. Seriously. I believe they should.

That puts a stop to this

How inspiring , letting kids be kids...Nah that won't work!

It emerged that one council in Derbyshire was forced to pay £40,000 after a pupil broke a leg on a school trip. A further £30,000 was handed to a family in Cornwall after a pupil fell off a bench, £25,000 was paid out in Knowsley when a child fell out of a tree, a student in Medway was awarded £13,000 after being hit by a falling goalpost and £14,150 was paid out to a Plymouth pupil when a test tube shattered during a science experiment.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Unfortunately, it's this very compensation, no win no fee, sue for everything that upsets you attitude...

That puts a stop to this...

'Tried to follow your train of thought there ^^^, but, concluded you were comparing apples to ox carts...so to speak.

What I was saying was, the ONLY way to beat back any minority group's p.c., agenda-driven 'bully' tactics is to sue their sox off when they cross the illegal/unconstitutional line...and do it each time...EVERY time...ALL the time.

I wasn't referring to 'grab-for-the-golden-ring', or 'deeper pockets' lawsuits.

'Tried to follow your train of thought there ^^^, but, concluded you were comparing apples to ox carts...so to speak.

Then in my opinion, your conclusion is wrong.

If you read posts 61 and 62 from John and Pete with an open mind, and think more about it. maybe you will become enlightened.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Then in my opinion, your conclusion is wrong.

...and you're entitled to your opinion.

If you read posts 61 and 62 from John and Pete with an open mind, and think more about it. maybe you will become enlightened.

I did...and I agree with them.

I don't believe you've kept the subject matter in mind here...which is a kid being disciplined by his school's admin for adding the words "God bless America" to the daily announcement. 'School can't do that. It's illegal and unconstitutional. IOW - it's a 'no-no'. 'Has nothing whatsoever to do with "kids being kids" and so forth. It has e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g to do with someone 'in power' abusinging/overstepping his/their legal authority. The suits I'm suggesting aren't the $$$$$$$ variety. They're of the "cease and desist" variety.

Do you see my point? :shrug:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I certainly do Larry, and I agree with you. I also understand where Nick is coming from that frivolous lawsuits for compensation is the reason schools are packing students in cotton wool, and not letting kids be kids.
As previously stated your cease and desist lawsuit is entirely different and I say parents go after the bastards.

I certainly do Larry, and I agree with you. I also understand where Nick is coming from that frivolous lawsuits for compensation is the reason schools are packing students in cotton wool, and not letting kids be kids.
As previously stated your cease and desist lawsuit is entirely different and I say parents go after the bastards.

Thanks Pete, but the problem is you may end up shooting the messenger. And always remember ;-)

Attachments

• internettruth.jpg
    internettruth.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 145

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
And always remember ;-)
<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>
</FIELDSET>

The very same can be said about a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g one reads in a newspaper or sees/hears on T.V. news these days IMHO.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I also understand where Nick is coming from that frivolous lawsuits for compensation is the reason schools are packing students in cotton wool, and not letting kids be kids.

I agree with that completely. "Deeper Pockets"/"Golden Ring" lawsuits are for opportunists and ambulance chasers (but, that's somewhat redundant, innit). However, that was not the subject of my 'rant'...so, I fail to see what Nick's problem was with it...(beyond who had authored it, that is :D)

Back