SL-C #50 Allan's Build

Amazing car from the build expert! Maybe I missed it, but what seats/covering did you use?

Thanks, I have used many seats. Cipher racing seats currently in my SL-C (5'10" max. height), Bride seats, stock seats (original and current), custom seats, Tillett b-5's and yes a set of GTM seats.

I know but it's time to build a GT-R, here's the post for the sale of my SL-C:

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-cars-sale/47580-sl-c-superlite-coupe-ls376-ricardo-sale.html

Here's the first of 16 SL-C's that I have built up for sale. I have upgraded it along the way. Here are the details:

LS376/480 engine
Ricardo 6 speed transaxle with double clutch
Nitto high performance tires
DigiDash gauge
Back up camera and monitor
Racelogic traction control
Custom made headers
Cats and mufflers
Ceramic coated exhaust system
Viper blue pearl paint/clear coat with pewter stripes
Front lift system
Dyno tuned engine to give 38 more hp and torque and giving more power at the lower end
Stereo with touch screen
Engine bay thermostat controlled fans
Carbon fiber rear wing
Advance Key push to start system
Automatic push button door openers
Cartek solid state push button battery isolator
Choice of seats
Heat and AC
2200 incredibly fun miles
Build completed in the Fall of 2011
Titled and street legal

Reason for sale: Just ordered a GT-R kit
Price: $78,500 No trades

Thanks, Allan [email protected] 860-510-3109

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL3ahcjbtYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN72C-7IxVU

For goodness sake, raise your asking price. You're killing my SLC's resale value...:shocked:

Seriously, you have a nice SLC and you can get more for it. Think about increasing the price to something with six digits in it.

I can't wait to watch your GT-R build. Will you be doing a video series again?

I know, I know. But it's already under deposit.

And yes I will be making videos start to finish on the GT-R build.

Congratulations Allan. Someone is getting a nice car at a great price!

I'm also looking forward to following your GT-R build!

Take care, and Merry Christmas!

Mike

Yes they are !!! Even with the Canadian dollar only at .50 cent to a USD it would have been a steal. Where were you five years ago when I bought mine lol I would have been all over that, you gave it away.

I am happy the sale of your SLC went as you had hoped. I must tell you that you had a ton of positive vibes headed your way regarding the sale so that you would get the GT-R build underway. I am SOOO glad to hear that your are starting one. I may get my GT-R delivery in February, but you will be past me in no time. I really look forward to following your build. Thank you for all of the help you have provided all of us. Happy Holidays!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am starting to have seller's remorse but the deal is done. Went for a nice long drive on Friday and got reminded what a great car the SL-C is.
That said, I am really looking forward to building the GT-R. But I have to finish up two builds first. A SL-C with a race built 880 hp LS9 and a SL-C track car with a Ford Coyote engine.
I am looking forward to working with fellow GT-R builders, would really like to have it on the road by June...

IMGP1335.jpg

Allan, bringing up an older post, but i have a question on the dash, did you do without defroster vents on this one, or just do the drivers side?

How important are the defroster vents?

Like the others said, the Alsa soft clear looks fantastic.

Allan, bringing up an older post, but i have a question on the dash, did you do without defroster vents on this one, or just do the drivers side?

How important are the defroster vents?

Like the others said, the Alsa soft clear looks fantastic.

The defroster vent is only open on the driver's side. I never had an issue with the windshield fogging up. I know of other builders that just put never fog on the windshield.

The Alsa soft feel paint does come out nicely. If you use it just make sure that it fully flashes before applying the second coat, otherwise it will come out glossy.

Back