Sl-c arrived!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
you do realise that your probably doing irrepairable harm to an easily influenced young transplanted texan!! :):)

Au contraire`, Jac! I have met Brian, had lunch with him once in Austin, he was tightly twisted long before Molleur joined up!

Great photos, Molleur! Looks like you have a winner on your hands....more, please!

Doug

JacK:

Have you sat in it and made engine noises yet!!!!!!!!!

Looks fast setting still. Looking forward to your build thread.
Have Fun Dave

Congratulations Jack, you are in for an awesome experience and the cars looks fantastic.

Looking forward to reading your build post, we are severely lacking on these for the SL-C. Please take lots of pictures and give us some thoughts on the process.

Regards,
Lukas

I will be setting up a build site soon. Easier to export photo's to the forum. Had a tough time with these (hence the delay posting). Trying to work on the SL-C too!
11:00PM last night I moved a chair into the garage and just sat & stared at this beautiful creation! Rest assured folks, I'll be posting progress photos as we go along.

Jack Molleur

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Au contraire`, Jac! I have met Brian, had lunch with him once in Austin, he was tightly twisted long before Molleur joined up!

Great photos, Molleur! Looks like you have a winner on your hands....more, please!

Doug

Thanks Doug... I think.

Molleur, absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to see it's progression as you build it. I may have some business in Florida sometime in the near future. I'd love to come by and check it out if I'm in the relative area. LOL I'll PM you when that time comes.

Keep it up!!

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
bet your having a blast jack?

so any ideas what GT40 member is next in line for delivery of there SL-C..?

craig

Actually making progress. This thing almost builds itself!
No hang-ups or other problems encountered thusfar. Have completed nut & bolt check on chassis, figured out how and where to mount minor components, etc.
Will put off body details until mechanicals are done.

As far as who's next on the SL-C list, that's Frans territory.

Mine was the only one on Reuhle's transport delivery schedule this time.

Around midnight last evening my wife came into the garage and asked when I was going to sleep. I told her in the winter time. But wait, it is winter time! But this is Florida so I don't know the difference. At it again by 8:00AM this morning.

Am I having a blast? YOU BET YOUR RADICAL CAMSHAFT I AM!!!!!

No Doubt, Congrats on your new arrival Jack. Let me know if you need anything. I am always here to help.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(303) 443-1343 ext 2 work
(720) 980-9407 cell

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Doug... I think.

You're welcome... I think.

And, Jack, we Texans have a saying we use---YEE-HAW!! (That means "I'm so happy I could "sheet"!"). Have at it, we can just wait for photos....the vision of that jet black body as it came off the transport is enough to fuel my fantasies for a while!

Doug

Jack,

Just got back from Cabo and saw you received your SL-C!! That's awesome! I like the photo of your crate engine next to your new SL-C. It's been about 24 hours....have you installed the engine yet? :thumbsup:

Best,

Doc

Doc,
Have to work out a few details before engine install. Not a crate engine. It's one that I "freshened". Decided to paint the valve covers & accessory bracket red. I think it will look neat under the lexan! Used G-2 epoxy/ceramic caliper paint.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Congrats Jack. She's gonna be a beauti. Looking forward to the build updates.

Jack, Merry Christmas. Glad the car arrived. Looking forward to seeing it. I took the Panoz to PBIR last weekend and had a good time. Get that car done so we can cruise it around the track. PBIR is pretty easy on the car.

I have a smugmug account with more or less unlimited storage for pictures. I can post them for you if you'd like.

Jim

Back