Sl-c arrived!

Jack,

Anything you'd consider essential in terms of tools or preparation before your SL-C arrived that would catch someone "off-guard"? You can tell I'm getting anxious!! And you are now a couple of weeks into Inspection and Detail of your SL-C: any insights? FYI, a guy at 360 wraps is very interested in doing an SL-C "tastefully" for street/track, so if I can get a nice proposal from them I might get-er-done in titanium over midnight blue! What tires are you going with? I know you are building a predominantly street supercar....

Doc,
Nothing special in the way of tools are required. A good selection of the normal hand tools are all that is really needed, and something to cut fiberglass. No particular surprises, Just a bit of time determining where to fit things like ECU, and aircon routing (on backorder from HRA).
I elected the optional CCW wide wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport tires. 345/30/18 rears. Really look the part! Wheels are gunmetal in color. Will look good with any car color. Titanium over midnight blue would be fantastic. I have begun minor detailing and trial fitting seats, interior panels, etc. Waiting on some non-RCR parts for final engine prep before install. Actually going quite well with about 15 total hours at this point in assembly.
Jack...

Fantastic!!! Thanks for the update. I'm "flush" with mechanics tools and ready to go. The PS2's are great tires, had them on the Viper for street and have them on the Porsche as well. Happy Holidays....

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Doc,
.... No particular surprises, Just a bit of time determining where to fit things like ECU, and aircon routing (on backorder from HRA).....
Jack...

Jack -
If it will help I have the AC unit sitting here in a box - you are welcome to it if it will help you move forward with your car. Unfortunately, I won't be able to start working on my car until spring.
Regards,
Dave L

Thanks Dave, I believe mine will be coming after January first. I appreciate the offer but I'll wait until I get an update then. Plenty to do anyway. Decided to use a Meziere electric remote water pump #336S near radiator. Working on engine fittings.
Next biggie is engine install.
Jack..

Jack,

Thanks for letting me stop by and see your SLC. I learned a bunch that I can apply to my own build.

Jack,

Thanks for letting me stop by and see your SLC. I learned a bunch that I can apply to my own build.

Yeah it is great having people in the area that share their passion and toys. I have numerous friends in my life that have come from shared passions in the motorcycle, auto and aviation worlds. I fly such a rare aircraft that my fellow pilots that fly the same type of plane have just been so vital.

Last edited:
Back