SL-C testing at Thunderhill turn up the volume

I was watching the g meter the whole time. I am surprised that a slighty modded slc can pull 1.5 g turns. That is very impressive considering that many gt cars pull the same amount of gs. And there cars cost at lest 500,000 more.

Fran you had me sold before. Now I just wish I could afford it.

If I recall correctly, that engine, ecu, and transmission package costs almost as much as the complete kit.

The transaxle (new with support parts) costs more than the DP SL-C kit...pro race parts cost pro.race money.

The engine and transaxle are real Le Mans 24 hr units (ex Panoz)....V8 6.0L Ford and Xtrac transaxle.
The electronics are Bosch MS4 Sport Plus...
The flat shift system is much less expensive than the Megaline system used on many Le Mans cars ....40-50k for the Megaline software/hardware...ouch

Yikes! I'm gonna have to come visit your shop at the first of the year Fran. I have way too many questions to keep bugging you with them here.

Fran,
I am really impressed with this car. You have to give us an itenerary for the car so we can make plans to see it in person. Do you plan to chase one of the organizations? NASA, SCCA or are you just going to do events like VIR??? I wanted to go to VIR but meeting plans had to come first.

Bill

Next season we will be doing NASA and SCCA events.

The goal is to attempt to visit many more tracks....even on the West Coast.

The tentative plan is to still do the NASA nationals but we want to accumulate as much data as possible , from as many tracks as possible...this way we can help our customers with set up.

Gotta love that sound and camera angle. Been way to long since I lapped that track...someday I'll get my car done and have time to get back out there riding or driving something!

Howard Jones

Supporter
Just to put those lap times into perspective.......my best time around there is 2.18. He would lap me every 4 laps give or take...............geeeeeeeeeeeeeese..........

My speed there is in the fast end of the middle group more or less at the track days I run there. Most of the cars that are faster are on slicks and most that are slower are on street tires like I run.

The fastest lap I have ever seen run there was F Atlantic cars in the mid 1.30's.

If they can keep the car going for the 25 hour race in December then a overall win is well within their performance envelop.

Nice! I still remember running flat out through the 6,7,8 and blowing my motor to kingdom come in my track prep 350Z... that was a pucker moment. I mounted a piston (looks like a crumpled coors light can), along with a broken rod and burnt bearing in a shadow box and hung it on my garage wall. Can't wait to build and run an SL-C at the hill.

If I remember correctly the 18 car had Michelin slicks on it at the 25 hour race. I would think the same type tires are still on the car.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Well Fran, I haven't made it "public" yet but the goal I have set for myself is to get it to the fall Willows Springs COCOCA shelby club track day weekend in October 2012. That would require getting the car running at least a month ot two before that and finding a good place to do brake ballance, basic setup, gearbox/clutch run through, water/oil leak check, electrical checkout, yata yata yata.

Hopefully I will be done with the body mods, door fitting, and final body mounting in the next month or so. Then on to the remaining engine room work, exaust primarily, and oil cooling, ign system, gear change cable, throttle cable and some other small stuff.

Last will be the electrical system in the spring.

As you well know, working out the bugs is time consuming, but they can be kept to a minium by doing things right the first time.

Back