SLC 36 Cam's Build

Cam what coil springs are you using in the rear. Are yours the Hyperco 8" or 7" and what is the spring rate? Fran recommended to me the 850lb spring rate to use with the Ricardo transaxle. Is it better to use the slightly longer 8" length so the threaded nut on the coilover shock doesn't need to be be tightened so far to get the desired ride height?

Ya, i've got the ricardo so i run the 850# in the rear and i think 7" an i think 750# in the front. I went back with the Nitto 335 nt05's in the rear. Great tires. But I've gottta torque up the springs to avoid interference. You also have to jack up the control arm to get the rear tires off. Worth it.

Hadn't done cars and coffee in Dallas in 2 years.

The effect is the same. You vacuum off all the lambo/ferrari gawkers because no one knows what the heck the car is.

After 1 hour, you lose your voice. I have to walk to the other side of CNC to hide. Even then people hunt you down. Amazing. Huge marketing potential rockonsmile

Attachments

• Cnc 13.jpg
    Cnc 13.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 1,306
Very cool; that's the fun of owning a unique car like the SL-C....can't wait!
Jim

Maybe I live in a town full of complete retards, but be careful what you wish for. With my cobra people look and give me a thumb's up and carry on. In this car I have people coming to a dead stop in the middle of the freeway waiting for me to catch up, cut across 3 lanes of oncoming traffic to do a u-turn on the highway to catch up to me, veer towards me on 2 lane roads because they're watching the car and not the road, etc.... So far the best has to be some guy who ran into the road, infront of a car doing ~50mph forcing him to slam on his brakes and come to a complete stop, just so he could film me on his iphone driving by in the next lane.

Maybe I live in a town full of complete retards, but be careful what you wish for. With my cobra people look and give me a thumb's up and carry on. In this car I have people coming to a dead stop in the middle of the freeway waiting for me to catch up, cut across 3 lanes of oncoming traffic to do a u-turn on the highway to catch up to me, veer towards me on 2 lane roads because they're watching the car and not the road, etc.... So far the best has to be some guy who ran into the road, infront of a car doing ~50mph forcing him to slam on his brakes and come to a complete stop, just so he could film me on his iphone driving by in the next lane.

I've experienced some of that with my 2006/1963 Split Window ZO6 Conversion, but not to the extent you're describing. I guess I'll find out how the Hollywood celebrities must feel about the paparazzi!

Now, Alex, be honest; you can't tell me that all of those crazy antics doesn't bring just a little smile to your face. I know that I would be laughing :laugh:.....providing they didn't total my car. :furious:

Jim

So far the best has to be some guy who ran into the road, infront of a car doing ~50mph forcing him to slam on his brakes and come to a complete stop, just so he could film me on his iphone driving by in the next lane.[/QUOTE]

It's really something to watch for. I was testing out new EBC pads on the street and they worked a little too well. I had no idea a car was tailing me too close. It was night, i saw lights, then no lights, then lights etc. i thought it was a cop. But then i saw a car skid off the road and do another 360 to the left of me. He did around a 1080 trying to avoid hitting me and i had no idea with my great race tail rear visibility.

Huh, at least he skidded onto a grass field and didnt hit me. The brakes on this car are better than anything stock. And i just have the Wilwoods, I'd love to upgrade to the Camero brembos.

It's really something to watch for. I was testing out new EBC pads on the street and they worked a little too well. I had no idea a car was tailing me too close. It was night, i saw lights, then no lights, then lights etc. i thought it was a cop. But then i saw a car skid off the road and do another 360 to the left of me. He did around a 1080 trying to avoid hitting me and i had no idea with my great race tail rear visibility.

Huh, at least he skidded onto a grass field and didnt hit me. The brakes on this car are better than anything stock. And i just have the Wilwoods, I'd love to upgrade to the Camero brembos.

Wilwoods are 6 piston and way better than the camaro brembos.

Now the 15'' brembos, that'd stop, but I think the rotors weigh like 100lbs, lol

So far the best has to be some guy who ran into the road, infront of a car doing ~50mph forcing him to slam on his brakes and come to a complete stop, just so he could film me on his iphone driving by in the next lane.

Huh, at least he skidded onto a grass field and didnt hit me. The brakes on this car are better than anything stock. And i just have the Wilwoods, I'd love to upgrade to the Camero brembos.[/QUOTE]

Crazy story Cam. I'm glad no one was hurt. Which pads did you go with? Any noise/excessive dust issues?

Wilwoods are 6 piston and way better than the camaro brembos.

What's better about them? I'm not saying they are or are not. I have no idea or opinion either way. I'm curious.

The same Brembo caliper casting is used on the
Ford GT,Ferrari 465, Mitusbishi Evo, Volvo s60, Cadillac CTS-V, Mustang 500, Camaro SS and a whole bunch more cars that weigh considerably more then an SL-C.

The pad shape is the H100 and every good performance pad manufacturer has a specific use pad available.
We are testing some great new pad compounds from Carbotech for these calipers for the track focused guys.
We are using these same calipers on the LMP by the way

Now the 15'' brembos, that'd stop, but I think the rotors weigh like 100lbs, lol
They are probably lighter than your rotors due to the internal design and aluminum hat. I was surprised at how light they are, not too mention the monster calipers themselves. Very light

They are probably lighter than your rotors due to the internal design and aluminum hat. I was surprised at how light they are, not too mention the monster calipers themselves. Very light

Somebody (?I think Doc?) had told me theirs weighed a tonne. Then again without actual poundages it's all semantics.

I am here to confirm that you do:thumbsdown:

10yrs ago the city used to be nice. Now it's gone downhill big time.

Sorry for not getting back to you btw, been busy chasing down bugs and in and out of town. Almost done sorting out my last issues, just need it to stop raining and I can give you a shout sometime.

The effect is the same. You vacuum off all the lambo/ferrari gawkers because no one knows what the heck the car is.

Your car does draw an impressive crowd. The only other car I saw surrounded like that was the F12 Berlinetta that showed up.

I did see a grown man practically running toward your car after you parked yelling to his friend, "Dude, SLC!" Your car does an amazing job of advertising.

Your car does draw an impressive crowd.

I did see a grown man practically running toward your car after you parked yelling to his friend, "Dude, SLC!"

It wasn't me!

But it could have been. Knowing your car was going to be there was the only reason I went that day. :)

I am getting back on my car after taking a few months off and I am looking back and forth on different builds saves me from having to keep searching for them.

Back