SLC 36 Cam's Build

Cam, not engugh room for that one, I'll try to get you a part number. A one-wire sender is required to work with the Digidash.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Cam -

The sender that Fran supplied to me is from VeeThree Instruments. Unfortunately, there is no part number on it that I can find. I'll see what else I can dig up on it.

Dave L

Cam -

The sender that Fran supplied to me is from VeeThree Instruments. Unfortunately, there is no part number on it that I can find. I'll see what else I can dig up on it.

Dave L

Can it be made to work with other gauges (e.g., autometer ultralite) if you clip off the end and just connect it to the alternative gauge (and said gauge has been re-programmed to accept whatever ohm readings this one puts out)?

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Can it be made to work with other gauges (e.g., autometer ultralite) if you clip off the end and just connect it to the alternative gauge (and said gauge has been re-programmed to accept whatever ohm readings this one puts out)?

I don't know what other gauges it may work with. It has a single wire connection point with Ohm readings of ~18 (full) and ~267 (empty). Not sure if this link will work but the sender is the middle one pictured.

Veethree :: Product Range :: Sensor :: Fuel Sensor

Regards,
Dave L

If it's just 1 wire then it should work (you'd have to send the gauge back to autometer or whomever to have it recalibrated though)

Dave, Jack, EFN, thanks for the info on the sender, you saved me another 2 hours of web browsing! I seem to remember Fran mentioning a sender coming with, i'll check.

I copied the fuel system on Fran's mule before the car was delivered, but the Aeromotive 1000 is really meant for 1000HP, i've got half that. Some local engine builders say they see these causing vapor lock in 5-600hp mustanges. The fuel is going around in a returnless loop, getting hot in the Texas sun. I've noticed Fran has downsized a little too. His has a fuel cell, mine doesn't. Aeromotive makes a pump controller to avoid vapor lock. i may end up adding it.

Aeromotive Inc. - High-Performance Fuel Systems & Fuel Pumps

Attachments

• fuel2.jpg
    fuel2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 754
  • Fran's latest fuel scheme .jpg
    Fran's latest fuel scheme .jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 730
My neighbor asked if i was trying to disguise a meth lab in the car, he said the plumbing looks highly suspect!
Not as cool as Tim’s fuel system but came out ok. I like the way the regulator is set so you can see the pressure gauge and still adjust. Plus the AN 6 exits the regulator under the 2” x8” firewall support away from the belts. I used the Aeromotive isolation boots, $25, and threaded them into the crossmember support. I’m not big on mounting to the underside of the chassis, just worried about a rock taking the fastners out. What do you think?

Attachments

• fuel back.jpg
    fuel back.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 741
I copied the fuel system on Fran's mule before the car was delivered, but the Aeromotive 1000 is really meant for 1000HP, i've got half that. Some local engine builders say they see these causing vapor lock in 5-600hp mustanges. The fuel is going around in a returnless loop, getting hot in the Texas sun. I've noticed Fran has downsized a little too. His has a fuel cell, mine doesn't. Aeromotive makes a pump controller to avoid vapor lock. i may end up adding it.

Aeromotive Inc. - High-Performance Fuel Systems & Fuel Pumps

Don't think you'd want a fuel cell - who wants to have to replace the bladder every few years. Blah!

Btw, ideally the pump should be mounted lower than the tank - is that possible in the SLC, or is that the lowest you're going to get?

Hey Cam, did you tank come with everything cut&welded in - i.e., fuel out, return, sender, and fuel vent?

Btw, ideally the pump should be mounted lower than the tank - is that possible in the SLC, or is that the lowest you're going to get?
Yah, that's tha lowest i can get it and still tighten the bolts! The fuel pump inlet is about level with the npt fitting outta the tank.

I still have to vent the tank and thinkin about bringing it over to the filler neck. Is that about the best place to vent?

Ron Earp

Admin
Those Holley pumps will lift fuel a long way. I know they say to put it lower than the tank, but try it out with a bucket of water in your garage. I did, those Holleys will easy lift 7 ft and soak the garage doing it.

Cam, I think the position of your pump is okay. I plan on running my vent almost directly upward from the tank fitting to the top of the bulkhead and using a screened S.S. marine vent fitting.

Cam, I think the position of your pump is okay. I plan on running my vent almost directly upward from the tank fitting to the top of the bulkhead and using a screened S.S. marine vent fitting.
Jack, will you vent it out outside the car, or will that vent to the engine compartemnt behind the firewall?

Cam,

I believe venting to the outside is far safer than venting into the engine compartment (sparks and gas vapors don't mix).

Cam, it will be external. I may run it right through the roof adjacent to the rear clamshell opening. It would be covered with a "clamshell" made from fiberglass and painted in the body color.

Back