Something to think about!

Interesting.
I was dismayed though at 13m in, when a guy (Seal) fully on cam, with his name shown, states vehemently, that they (he) doesn't want expect or desire recognition or fame etc. Then why wasn't he greyed out and name withheld like the other agent immediately before this segment? Bit of a blooper.

Thought provoking video though.

Keith

"Thought provoking" well, that's one (or two) words for it.

I believe you possibly have to be an American to understand the role of the "Chief Executive" and his relationship with the Upper and Lower House and his Executive Powers.

Never mind Freedom of Speech, I don't think this scenario could happen in the UK because our system does not support it.

In my mind, I cannot separate politics from the military. I cannot see how the military can be a law unto itself because the military surely is the "fighting arm" of the politicians.

Clearly the clip is a bit of Presidential Campaign propaganda, and it was also rather disorientating to hearing the CIA claim the moral high ground. As for the military, well I don't see what's changed in hundreds of years of institutionalised warfare. Grunts have always been killed when politicians open their mouths.

Finally, you've got to love the First Amendment. Which other Military Junta announces a military coup in advance?

Ooops, should have kept quiet about that... :shifty:

Bottom line?

A sleazy video not worthy of professional fighting men...

(That's an OPINION by the way)

a very weak video, that Ben is also writing a book I thought? something about all...
then he is leaking even more himself...
anyways, the President says way way less then you can find on the Internet, who's fooling who...

Every one of those guys was or is either Special Forces, Seals, CIA, or retired officer. They all do jobs that we cannot do. What they are saying is correct. Military covert action should not be for political use. Endangering the lives of informants, undercover, or military is BS. Sleazy or weak video? I think not!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Military covert action should not be for political use.
By Tom

So Tom, if that true why does this come out a few weeks before the election?

Tom, this is POLITICAL, can you say Swift Boat?

By Tom

So Tom, if that true why does this come out a few weeks before the election?

Tom, this is POLITICAL, can you say Swift Boat?

I would say that they are not keen on the idea of the "inept one" getting in office again. But we would not have ever seen this had the 'inept one" kept it quiet in the first place. But then it is his only claim to fame.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Tom, here's something to think about: garbage in, garbage out. As in, you fill your head with garbage, and then garbage comes out your mouth.

This vidoe is done by six ex-Seals and CIA operatives, none of whom had anything to do with the Bin Laden operation I believe, and who are led by a guy who failed to get a Republican nomination for a House seat in Virginia. It's trash. You should treat it as such.

More here:

Video: Former Navy SEALs Launch Attack Ad on President Obama

And when asked, about this mess, Admiral McRaven (the Navy admiral to whom the Seals are ultimately responsible) said this:

Untouched by the OPSEC video attack is Admiral William McRaven, who oversaw the Bin Laden raid and gave President Obama credit.

The Daily Mail quotes Admiral McRaven as saying: "At the end of the day, make no mistake about it, it was the president of the United States that shouldered the burden for this operation, that made the hard decisions, that was instrumental in the planning process, because I pitched every plan to him."

I didn't think the irrational right wing hate for President Clinton could be matched (and hell, some of was justified). I was wrong. You guys hate President Obama -- irrationally -- even more.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I would say that they are not keen on the idea of the "inept one" getting in office again. But we would not have ever seen this had the 'inept one" kept it quiet in the first place. But then it is his only claim to fame.

Tom,

So you agree, they are making it political! You say that they are doing this because they do not want the "inept one" to be re-electedand. That makes it not just poltitical but it makes them and you (for posting it), hypocrites.

So Tom, when you said that "Military covert action should not be for Political use", you really meant its OK for anti Obama folks to use it, but not Obama.

Then you say that killing Bin Laden is President Obamas "only claim to fame".

Tom how could you forget about ending Bush's idiotic Iraq War

Saving General Motors.

The lowest growth in federal spending since Eisenhower.

Finally the start of healthcare for all Americans.

Ended the absurd don't ask don't tell law.

The Nobel Peace Prize.

There are many more, but you get the idea.

This is just more Consevatve Swift Boat lies. They lied about Kerry's military service and they are now lying about Obamas Military success.

You can't just be happy that BinLaden is dead, you can't be happy because Obama did it. You cant just believe Admiral McRaven, you can't let Obama get the credit for this, so you lie and make up things like this to fool gullible people.

These folks did a great thing for ****ALL OF US*** we all got a measure of revenge, try being a proud American instead of a sore looser!

Last edited:
Iraq is blown up daily, that worked well.
GM is teatering on the edge.
Lowest Federal spending? Get serious.
Healthcare, hugest Federal spending ever.
OK, tell.
He doesn't even know why he got the Nobel Peace prize. It was a joke!
Yeah, the "inept one" is good!

I found it thought provocking, that such men in such positions would make such a piece in the first place. Such a contrary system to the rest of us. Quite an eye opener.

Me thinks the USA has let Hollywood take over the entire psyche of the that great populace, bluring the lines between reality and the real world to a level never before comprehended by the human race.

Keith

Good morrow Peekford. Off to church?

Anyway, from the other thread my post regarding "community spirit" is eerily "on message" when viewing the above video.

For those that can't be bothered to read it, the editorial concerns itself with the increasingly vitriolic rhetoric during US elections.

BBC News - What happened to America's community spirit?

Please read, because it's what's going on (at least to an outsider)

Good morrow Peekford. Off to church?

Anyway, from the other thread my post regarding "community spirit" is eerily "on message" when viewing the above video.

For those that can't be bothered to read it, the editorial concerns itself with the increasingly vitriolic rhetoric during US elections.

BBC News - What happened to America's community spirit?

Please read, because it's what's going on (at least to an outsider)

Unfortunately Keith, the banned me from attending Church years ago. ;)

What other post/thread? Can't find it so will thread drift here! Apolgies in advance.

Frankly, I find the election campaign process over there on the verge of disgusting. Much like here, I would wager most folks dont actually vote, so the only way they can get anyone out of their homes and appear even remotley interested, is to strrap the donkey with silver bells, a few whistles and pretty streamers, so the unwashed, uneducted turn up to look at the shiny shiny mommy!

Either that, or the razamataz is some kind of reward for being bothered. Hell if they're come to see us Bobby, we'd better give 'em a show! The other candidate's got sparklers!!!

Tripe.

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Why don't you Americans give our Nick Clegg a chance at President............at least he says sorry sometimes....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo[/ame]

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
On the verge of disgusting? It's been over the line at least since the the 1988 election and certainly bordered on it before. The system here is broken, too much money and too many sound bites define the winners and losers.

Don't you guys have a mandated six week election cycle or someting? We start electing our President and legislators pretty much the minute the winners get into office. Bizarre, screwed up and certainly takes away from the task at hand -- governing.

Listening to your candidates campaigning and your elected, exhaulted ones preaching, is like listening to celebrities giving speaches at the Oscars. Media whores one and all.

I only say this not to attack your great country, merely to state what is seen from the outside looking in. I happen to love your country. It's just a shame that most of the folks in it don't know the outside world exists other than as somewhere to sell your movies to.

Yeah, the "inept one" is good!

Hold on there Kimosabe, I know a lot of you Americans like to think you are the only country in the world, but I think you will find other world leaders have been involved in ill conceived decisions over that debacle. So I fail to see how you can blame it entirely on Obama unless by "the inept one" you are reffering to some other world leader present or Tony Blair.

For the record you didn’t fight the second world war, and defeat Sir Winston Hitler on your own either.

Thank you for the post though, as it enabled me to insult a whole country, if enough of my fellow countrymen find out I will no doubt be elected the next mayor of London. :thumbsup:. Hopefully your fellow countrymen do not react in the same way or Mitt Romney will get in, God help the rest of the world if that happens!!!.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsFRgIb8mAQ]Boris Johnson Ping Pong Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Listening to your candidates campaigning and your elected, exhaulted ones preaching, is like listening to celebrities giving speaches at the Oscars. Media whores one and all.

I only say this not to attack your great country, merely to state what is seen from the outside looking in. I happen to love your country. It's just a shame that most of the folks in it don't know the outside world exists other than as somewhere to sell your movies to.

Not an attack, it's the truth. No worries.

Here's an interesting factoid. Something like only 15-20% of Americans own a passport, and before we were required to get one to travel to Canada and the Caribbean the number was under 10%.

I'd venture to guess that outside of Mexico (and by that I mean Cancun, Cozumel or the resorts in Baja) or the Caribbean, the vast majority of Americans have never been outside of the US.

You Brits/Europeans need to understand that when dealing with us. It's been a problem for a long time, but at least when we were isolationist pre WWII you didn't bump up against us too much. Now though, sine 1941 and our rather oversized role in world geopolitics, the fact that most Americans couldn't tell you what the capitals of the major European countries should explain a lot about why we tend to bumble around internationally.

Most of our major interntional gaffes -- Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Indonesia, Honduras, etc. -- are the result of us not understanding the region and the people in it.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Not an attack, it's the truth. No worries.

Here's an interesting factoid. Something like only 15-20% of Americans own a passport, and before we were required to get one to travel to Canada and the Caribbean the number was under 10%.

I'd venture to guess that outside of Mexico (and by that I mean Cancun, Cozumel or the resorts in Baja) or the Caribbean, the vast majority of Americans have never been outside of the US.

You Brits/Europeans need to understand that when dealing with us. It's been a problem for a long time, but at least when we were isolationist pre WWII you didn't bump up against us too much. Now though, sine 1941 and our rather oversized role in world geopolitics, the fact that most Americans couldn't tell you what the capitals of the major European countries should explain a lot about why we tend to bumble around internationally.

Most of our major interntional gaffes -- Vietnam, Chile, Iran, Indonesia, Honduras, etc. -- are the result of us not understanding the region and the people in it.

Well said sir. :thumbsup:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
TomP

Tom you say that like it was Obama that got us in. Tom, Obama is getting us out. Are you OK with that?

Iraq just has not worked out like Bush & Cheney told us it would. It worked out very badly for all concerned.

Yes Tom, Iraq is a quagmire that Bush got us into for no good reason, it does blow up daily, thank God Obamas is getting us out.

So Tom, you seem to think that Iraq is an Obama failure, tell us why you think that and what you think he should have done.

How would have McCain, Palin have handeled it better?

Last edited:
Back