This morning’s effort, making frames for wire mesh

Attachments

• 3473B936-DC7D-4D50-A96D-74F96FBE503B.jpeg
    3473B936-DC7D-4D50-A96D-74F96FBE503B.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 123

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
723A93A2-3B2A-4948-B726-28850AC53F7C.jpeg

Cleaned up the plasma cut of the center tunnel vertical bit to allow oil cooler lines and a possible AC line to access the center tunnel.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Yes, I looked at the photos of the Southern GT bracket that mounted on the fuel pump blanking area and did not like the thought of that weight mostly suspended by two small bolts on the alloy front cover. I really like the one photo of how the bracket was made for P1028 (GT40PR) so I am doing a version of for a Sanden vs the original York.

I really liked the blanking plate as an additional point of support as well as closing off the fuel pump boss. I thought to try and sidestep potential cooling issues and went with the late model 3/4 and one ton truck timing covers with the larger water pumps and faster pulley ratios. I drilled out one of the ears to 7/16 and I'm running an althread through the compressor and spacers from the head to a front plate mounted off the water pump. But my setup is ending up being a mix of aluminum brackets and mild steel brackets. That chunk of aluminum you're using looks like an excellent solution.

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
ac bracket close.PNG

This is my general pattern for the overall bracket design. The chunk of aluminum I beam was a in the drop bin at Metal Supermarkets,$18

Last edited:
That should be pretty rock solid.

If you need it, I can share a DXF of the 3 bolt pattern on the front of the head, or print it as a PDF so you can print a template if you don't have one.

Back