Southern GT First Outing This Year

Glenn M

Supporter
Had a great day at Goodwoods own Sprint on Easter monday.

There was a great selection of cars and the sun actually put in an appearance!

Came home with it all in one piece, 6th overall, a Class win, and another Goodwood garland WooHoo!

I just need to find an answer to those pesky Nissan GTR's!

Attachments

• Sprint 2015.jpg
    Sprint 2015.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 434
Well done Glenn. Great photo too. Your car is going to have great provenance compared to other replicas. It'll have racing history and its a magazine cover car too. (BTW, I enjoyed the article in the recent Classic &Sports Car.) I would think your car would increase its value due to this. Your thoughts. Others?

Glenn M

Supporter
Thanks guys, it was good fun! It is such a great circuit to drive and suits our cars really well being so fast and flowing.
There's something nice about still being able to drive it to and from the circuit too. It makes beating cars on slicks etc. all the more gratifying.

It would be nice to think so Jimmy but does it work like that for replicas? I don't know. I'd not really thought of that aspect.
I know what I think it's worth but then I'm a bit biased! lol!

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
And you even let me park the Dax next to is ...... once! :laugh:

Seruoisly congratulations I wish I had the guts to take part in a couple of events but I fear my reactions have slowed up

Ian

Yes Glenn, it does make a difference, both in value and immediacy, the car would sell very quickly if it ever came on the market. Now we need to get you in a single seater and knock another 10 seconds of your lap, see you on the 25th at Goodwood for the next sprint. Well done, Frank

Glenn M

Supporter
Seruoisly congratulations I wish I had the guts to take part in a couple of events but I fear my reactions have slowed up

Ian

Thanks Ian.
But that is the beauty of Sprints. There are no other cars on the track to worry about and you only go as fast as you want. You'd get a real buzz I'm sure.

My far better half Sprints the 40 as well now and she always comes back with a huge grin on her face!
Mind you she does find it all SO tiring! And yes, I know I'm in serious trouble for posting that picture!

Thanks to Dr. John (www.drjohn.cc) for the pics, I'll blame him!!

Attachments

• GRRC 150406 318.JPG
    GRRC 150406 318.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 369
  • Tammy asleep.jpg
    Tammy asleep.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Malcolm

Supporter
Run slicks Glenn. Tyres are often the cheapest form of improved lap times. It will take whole seconds off your lap times not just fractions.

That picture of Tammy reminds me of how William used to be when we raced the Mazda. He would spend a whole day under a coat playing on his DS. Now we know he got that from his mum!

And well done on a good result.

Back