Southern Gt WhatsApp chat

Hi all, admins remove this if it's not allowed.
I've set a little group chat up for people who are currently building Southern GTs. Mainly used to exchange photos questions and bargains. Save cluttering up the forum asking stupid questions. If anyone wants adding to it pm me your mobile number. Not trying to poach members or anything just nice to have loads of people experiencing/overcoming the same Problems.
Cheers

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’m not sure of what @Ron Earp feelings are about this. We’re certainly not ignorant of the various forums on social media but we have similar goals of sharing and camaraderie. Frankly, while I do think that both can coexist, they will both suffer from duplication in some areas to dilution in others. Many parts, components, sub-assemblies are shared between the various manufacturers. Builders of Tornado, RCR, SGT, et al share their builds and experiences and are enriched by them.
With that - I’ll leave it up to Ron..

I’m not sure of what @Ron Earp feelings are about this. We’re certainly not ignorant of the various forums on social media but we have similar goals of sharing and camaraderie. Frankly, while I do think that both can coexist, they will both suffer from duplication in some areas to dilution in others. Many parts, components, sub-assemblies are shared between the various manufacturers. Builders of Tornado, RCR, SGT, et al share their builds and experiences and are enriched by them.
With that - I’ll leave it up to Ron..
Completely understand if it's removed. All I can say is I've found the chat incredibly helpful for quick queries. And odd photos of certain bits and bobs. More than anything it's just random Chit chat. Like I said if it's removed I completely understand. Not out to cause any ill feelings

I don't think anyone on here is worried about bandwidth and chit chat between builders. It's what this whole forum exists for supporting, regardless of which manufacturer's kit someone is constructing. I have learned from and gotten feedback from many people around the world which wouldn't happen if I was in an RCR only webspace.
Completely understand. There's a tornado owner in there too. Anyone's welcome to join. It just happened to be the first couple of us were SGT owners so it went from there. The forum is absolutely fantastic! And have no intention of detracting from that.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I completely agree with Randy and was going to leave it up to Ron. I was without the forum for almost 24 hours and didn’t get the message to him. On this forum, it’s very friendly. There are NO stupid questions. What I like about it most is the people that post their issues or solutions to problems I hadn’t even thought of yet. I make a note just in case I’m doing something similar so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel. That’s why the forum isn’t manufacture specific. We get input from everyone. That’s also why there’s a section for non GT40S and boats and planes of whatever. I know you will do whatever is best for you, but please don’t not post here because the more information the better I think.

Regards Brian

Back