Speed cameras, dartford bridge UK

Just a quick post to say that the dartford bridge on the M25 now has SPECS average speed cameras, which I have been told are now in operation (or very shortly will be)
PLEASE don't add to the governments coffers!
Simon:furious:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Simon - I was planning on a trip next week to Walthamstow going sarfaround on the M25. I think they are becoming a sad fact of life such as those on the M4 with a 50 limit for in excess of a year. No work was being done on the M4 as such. I think I will go norfaround or maybe even get a courier to do the job.
Dave

Also Northbound (anticlockwise) from J28 brentwood A12 round to J27, M11 junction. (although you'd be hard pressed to be able to do more than 70 there most days!:stunned:)

Hi Simon,
I was in SW Nottingham awhile back and they had SPEC everywhere, no road works just general use. Also found a load of them in Northampton recently! What is the world coming to. Buy shares in race tracks, they will be the only places you can go over 60 soon!

Hi Simon,
I was in SW Nottingham awhile back and they had SPEC everywhere, no road works just general use. Also found a load of them in Northampton recently! What is the world coming to. Buy shares in race tracks, they will be the only places you can go over 60 soon!

'So long as your motor is below 95db or electric.....' :cry:

Better still - emigrate!

Ivan

Lifetime Supporter
until those black spot road's in linconshire have speed camera's on them, i do not believe they do any job other than add annother Tax to the average decent hard working person.....

hell they dont even put them out side of school.... i mean they should have loads of them there (or is that too sensable??). insted they are placed where people are most likley to accidently go over the limit, (in hull they have a mobile unit at the bottom of a fly-over).

those who have no uk licence/tax/insurance etc, just seem to get away with it time and time again.

/rage mode off

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Sent to me by my paid mole :

During last week, there were SPECS average speed cameras
erected on the QE2 "Dartford" Bridge in Essex/Kent.

They start just before the bridge and end before the tolls at the end.

If you have driven by and not seen them last week, it's because
they are mounted on a road gantry rather than on the normal
yellow or blue poles.

Pictures here: QE2 Dartford Bridge New SPECS Cameras

(from 2 different spotters so that we got all the cameras)

Often there is a big delay between the cameras being put up
and actually going live, but our source tells us that they are
going live this week.

The SPECS area on the other side of the road is also being
extended but we understand that the extra cameras haven't
been cabled in yet.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Can someone tell me how this works?

Was it not made law that all cameras have to be in dayglow yellow boxes clearly visible

How do the new beasts meat this specification?

Ian

Back