Steve’s Active Power GEN II Coyote GT40

Thanks George

I like how it came out too.

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

New K&N filter.

My body is coming this week or next week. I’ll see how it fits when it arrives. I’m plannung to do some mods.
I was looking at a similar Intake Manifold (Carb style, large central inlet)...but was thinking I'd mount the Throttle-body directly to it, then a 90 degree bend, MAF & then ~6" intake pipe; from all of the pictures, there's not a lot of space, and I didn't want to cut the engine shroud (FG portion that's part of the rear body & surrounds the engine) more than I have to. Post pics as you figure out the intake, I'm very interested!

**Nice job with the headers, love the collectors.

Ron McCall

GT40s Supporter
I was looking at a similar Intake Manifold (Carb style, large central inlet)...but was thinking I'd mount the Throttle-body directly to it, then a 90 degree bend, MAF & then ~6" intake pipe; from all of the pictures, there's not a lot of space, and I didn't want to cut the engine shroud (FG portion that's part of the rear body & surrounds the engine) more than I have to. Post pics as you figure out the intake, I'm very interested!

**Nice job with the headers, love the collectors.
What about something like this? This is going in a Pantera that I'm building at the moment.

Attachments

What about something like this? This is going in a Pantera that I'm building at the moment.
Very nice. The reason I didn’t do that is because I was 100% set on using the “bundle of snakes” exhaust. If I went the way you’re going, my air intake would be where the headers are. Huge Pantra fan btw...

It took a long time trying to figure this out. It was trial and error.

Peter, I was thinking the same thing as you, but my first attempt, looks more like Robbie the Robot than an engine.

Attachments

Yeah, that was my 1st thought...main problem is where to stick the intake filter as it would need to take a quick 90 degree bend to stay above the engine shroud. I attached a pic of another GT40...the general layout seems to require ITBs, or run the intake to another area for fresh air like what you're doing.

Very nice. The reason I didn’t do that is because I was 100% set on using the “bundle of snakes” exhaust. If I went the way you’re going, my air intake would be where the headers are. Huge Pantra fan btw...

It took a long time trying to figure this out. It was trial and error.

Peter, I was thinking the same thing as you, but my first attempt, looks more like Robbie the Robot than an engine.
haha...and even that looks like it may be too high! I've started contacting Jenvey & Harrop for their ITBs...I'd have to switch from MAF to MAP which impacts some of the streeetability of the tune, in addition these are $$ esepcaiily b/c I've got a DBW (drive by wire) throttle.

Attachments

I put the same drive by wire Harrop Hurricane on my LS3 525 in a '77 280Z in 2011 and had excellent streetability and excellent WOT. the right tuner can do wonders.
very nice...I've seen pictures of your car before, love it!! if I go down that path, I'll make sure to contact you. Did you ever add filters? If I go ITB, I was thinking something old school like this.

Attachments

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Yes, but only when driving on the road since they drop top end power when you are on the track. Old school is cool to. I had the smaller version of those on a different 280Z that I bought brand new in '77 (special model called "The Z With More Zap").

Attachments

Body came today. I have a lot of work to do but I’m looking forward to learning and building.

The body is a splash mold from an original 1966 car. I bought it off of Ted Laird who is a known enthusiast. A splash mold (from what I’m told) is a mold that was created to just make a couple of body’s off of. I believe that this car is a one generation mold off of an original car.

I’m pretty excited about that. It’s probably the closest you can get to a real car other than...a real car.

This is gonna be fun!

Attachments