Superformance car cover

Chet Schwer

Lifetime Supporter
I purchased a cover from California Car Cover Company for my SPF GT40 that is a poor fit on the car. It is about 4-6" too long. Anyone know of a company that makes a better fitting cover? The company was of no help with the problem. The tag on the box said "1969 Kellison GT." I am going to try the cover on a friend's 2006 Ford GT because it looks like it will fit.

Uh...why not just buy the Superformance car cover for your Superformance car? :rolleyes:

SU-cc-GT40-PIC1.jpg

Oh, wait. Turns out SPF is a little bit proud of their cover:

SPF GT40 car cover

For that kind of money, there should be a little man that comes with it who dusts the car for you too! :laugh:

I know that California Car Cover co. is very committed to delivering a quality product. Recently a friend bought a Pantera cover from them, and it fit terribly. They immediately set to righting the problem, soliciting the loan of a Pantera so they could redesign their cover to fit. They are in the process of providing a replacement cover at no cost, and let him keep the first one (since he was in Europe, it wouldn't have been cost-effective to return it).

Chet Schwer

Lifetime Supporter
Mike, They were to get back with me after i sent them pictures but never did. The SPF cover might be my only choice. I'm going to check with a local boat cover company about modifying the current cover, especially since it is too large to start with. Thanks.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
See if they do a Corvette cover and have one you can try for size.

Depending on where your mirrors are fitted they fit very well!

Ian

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I've been extremely happy with my Calif Car Cover, bought two, one in 2005 then 2009.

part #C12282WG, 66 Ford GT40 Mk I (with or without mirrors) $299 Superweave

I purchased "without mirrors" and fits over my Vitaloni Calif mirrors fine. It sounds to me they mis-understood and\or pulled from inventory a Kellison cover.

Chuck

Supporter
Although I do not have an ERA, they were kind enough to sell me a cover. They had both an indoor and outdoor version. The fit is exact. You might give ERA a call. Excellent quality.

The more I think about it, the more I think that they got confused and either:

1) Sent you a cover for a 2006 Ford GT behemoth (which would explain its hugeness) or

2) Sent you a Kellison cover

In any case, I suspect that once they make things right, you will be more than pleased with the result.

I have both a SPF cover and ordered another one from California Car Cover Co. The CCC cover fits perfectly.

Mike

I support my local SPF dealer. They provide the cars and the service. Take your car to the local FORD dealer and see what they can do for you when you need the rear bearing adjusted, or have some front suspension work done. The yearly look at everything before I take a long trip (found a bad ball joint) should only be done by the people who breathed the first breath into your baby. As I said, I support my SPF dealer, especially in the era of Obama business. The cost maybe a little more, but these businesses survive on service (both vehicle and seeing to the customer).
I'm sure you've been ask this. I had two SPF cars at the Charlotte Spring Car show and was ask several times what is your gas mileage? I said I don't know, I just fill it up. Support your SPF dealers.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I support my local SPF dealer. They provide the cars and the service. Take your car to the local FORD dealer and see what they can do for you when you need the rear bearing adjusted, or have some front suspension work done. The yearly look at everything before I take a long trip (found a bad ball joint) should only be done by the people who breathed the first breath into your baby. As I said, I support my SPF dealer, especially in the era of Obama business. The cost maybe a little more, but these businesses survive on service (both vehicle and seeing to the customer).
I'm sure you've been ask this. I had two SPF cars at the Charlotte Spring Car show and was ask several times what is your gas mileage? I said I don't know, I just fill it up. Support your SPF dealers.
Grady your my kind of guy!

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
If I could get another car I would get a Dayton Coupe BUT if it was to be another GT40 it would be the "GT40R". :)

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
DAYTONA COUPE is what I should have said.

Mike, AC works well, lots of space for lugage (sort of for a woman) and would look good next to the 40.

Back