Superformance Owners Reunion

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Given I live here I would like to attend for a day or two. They don't give much information on routes. If you'll drive your car anywhere on any surface then nothing to worry about. That said, I would not take my GT40 on dirt roads and there are some roads like Peak to Peak that have recently been chip sealed very poorly and will trash a paint job in short order. Hopefully, they have someone with local knowledge helping with route planning.

Nothing new from what I passed on to Mike awhile back. Supposedly it's being organized by a guy who lives in Wisconsin. Since he writes articles for four wheel drive magazines, you should plan for some off-road excursions. :laugh:

There are in town events planned for during the evenings, if you're inclined to not participate in the daily drives or would rather organize your own. I'm sure Mike can setup some nice, quiet routes with GT-40's in mind....

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I think I will go as it will be a good stop off place on the way to CA for car week in Monterey, I planned on taking my GT40 this year. I will not pay the $25 to join the SPF owners web site to register, guess they will have to just take my money when I get there. Maybe Mike and I can visit a bit.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jack,

There is no fee to access the registration website, just to register for the event. I undersatnd no "on-site" registration will be available. See https://superformance.org/$/eventregistration/superfest/

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Jack,

There is no fee to access the registration website, just to register for the event. I undersatnd no "on-site" registration will be available. See https://superformance.org/$/eventregistration/superfest/

Ok, I am registered. Rick you going to be there? If so I look forward to seeing you.

Think they asked enough questions? :)

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ok, I am registered. Rick you going to be there? If so I look forward to seeing you.

Think they asked enough questions? :)

Sadly I will not be attending, other commitments prevent my attendance. I think this will be a really great event for both driving and drinking (but not at the same time please!) and a great time will had by all. I would expect some serious bench racing to be done in the evenings.......

Yes, Randall like "polls" and "Statistics!"

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I think I will go as it will be a good stop off place on the way to CA for car week in Monterey, I planned on taking my GT40 this year. I will not pay the $25 to join the SPF owners web site to register, guess they will have to just take my money when I get there. Maybe Mike and I can visit a bit.

Jack, for sure let's meet up. I spoke to Randy a few nights ago and it sounds like they are putting a lot of effort into scouting routes and planning for some great cruises and evening activities. I'm not sure how much time during the week I will be able to take off as I am burning through a lot of vac caring for my elderly parents but I definitely plan on attending some evening activities and hopefully some weekend activities as well. Anyone coming please let me know and we'll meet up somewhere that week.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Just got off the phone with Randy, it does sound like a fun event and lets plan on swapping stories, I will be there for 3 nights then off for CA.

I know to well about elderly parents, enjoy your time with them while you can. How far is home for you from the gathering place?

Randy said there are several CA guys coming out, I hope they chime in here.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Just got off the phone with Randy, it does sound like a fun event and lets plan on swapping stories, I will be there for 3 nights then off for CA.

I know to well about elderly parents, enjoy your time with them while you can. How far is home for you from the gathering place?

Randy said there are several CA guys coming out, I hope they chime in here.

Now I am really bummed that I won't be there................

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I am probably 30-40 miles north along peak to Peak Highway. I am very disappointed that they chip sealed that highway last summer as it is a fabulous road to drive. There are many many other great routes planned I'm sure but that would have been a great one. I can think of a couple fun roads we could travel some early morning if anyone is so inclined.

Jack,

I am coming up from Southern California and bringing the Cobra. I also plan on bringing my GT40 as long as Superformance and Olthoff stay on schedule.

Mike Murphy

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I will follow your lead Mike, you being a local guy you can't get any better than that.

(Socal) Mike, your the big dog with 2!

Theres a whopping 3 GT40s out of 74 entries, I hope a few more come on board.

Last edited:
I assume your waiting on delivery from SA, or is your car at Dennis's being completed?
Grady

Jack,

I am coming up from Southern California and bringing the Cobra. I also plan on bringing my GT40 as long as Superformance and Olthoff stay on schedule.

Mike Murphy

Grady,

I am waiting for pictures right now as it was scheduled for paint this week. Ship date is two weeks away and then off to Olthoff. Production has been slow at the factory, about 2-3 months behind from the date I was told at time of order. I guess all good things require patience. Just about everything else is complete and waiting for the car.

Mike

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
For any of you folks coming from the east coast I'm sort of half way, the door is open and the light will be on, I have plenty of room to stop and spend a night or two before the 770 mile journey to CO. Grady? Dennis? We could have a GT40 party. :)

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is a great offer Jack. I'll drive down and we can party at your place before heading back Ha! I would offer to put several of you up but I live up a mile long driveway that some call a jeep trail, at 9000' that no sane person would ever drive a GT40 up. I keep mine in a garage down in Denver. That said, I've have 21 acres on the top of a mountain that we can shoot guns, drink beer, and run chain saws if anyone is so inclined. I am looking forward to this event. Now I just need to get my mom back on her feet and in good spirits...

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I've have 21 acres on the top of a mountain that we can shoot guns, drink beer, and run chain saws if anyone is so inclined.

Are you sure your not in Arkansas? :laugh:

Maybe I can get Richard to fly out from Idaho and drive back with us to CA.

Back