thanks Keith

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I realize you probably had nothing to do with it, but fifty years ago tonight was the American debut of the greatest rock band ever, and if I am not mistaken, they were Englishmen. Or at least Liverpudlians :)

If I had written just ONE of those tunes I would die happy. And they wrote and recorded HUNDREDS. They were the best, ever, and the whole world thanks England for sharing them with us. (although we DID call it the British Invasion, not the English Invasion. But let's not split hairs, I have too few left)

Nominations for favorite Beatles tune may be posted here. The difficulty is finding just one. I couldn't narrow it down that far. I am not sure I could even narrow it down to a favorite dozen. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any of their tunes I DON'T like.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
There are so many, just off the top of my head.....

If I needed someone
Here there and everywhere
While my guitar gently weeps

Holy cow, Keith being thanked for the Beatles!?

This moderator position, sure does carry some weight! What next?

:)
;)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Easier to say which album of theirs was you favourite . Sergeant Pepper or Rubber Soul for me. Actually I was, still am, a bigger fan of the Rolling Stones than the Beatles.
Mark I agree, the worlds grumpiest Wogg being thanked for the Beatles?...talk about sucking up to the moderator.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
They both live off dead beetles, of course. (Only the spelling is different.)

(Sorry...but, he asked...)

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Is this old people's music?

A few years later, the Brummies gave us Black Sabbath and then Judas Priest, and all was well in the world.

"Norwegian wood" and the one about aunt Lucy's fancy jewellery that Johns young fel
was fascinated with.

best album, for me was Sarge pepper.

cheers John

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Sgt. Pepper. Greatest nonclassical record album ever made, for any number of reasons. Not the least of which is that it is GREAT music.

If you're interested in hearing more of the story of that record, read Geoff Emerick's book on his experiences as the Beatle's recording engineer.... well worth it.

Is this old people's music?

A few years later, the Brummies gave us Black Sabbath and then Judas Priest, and all was well in the world.
Oh fuck off! How many times per year, must I agree with you Jeff? This is getting out of hand!

Somewhere on YouTube there is a video of my Mrs cooking breakfast for Ronnie in his kitchen, during a session! She doesn't do that for me!!

Back