The first ride for my wife in the GT40

Some one said,

-The similarity between a GT40 and a blonde, is that we you finally can afford one, you have forgotten how to use one.

I took my very dear wife in short spin in the new Tornado GT-40 and the verdict was the following,

1. Does it smell petrol?
2. The harness i to difficult to use
3. Does it smell exhaust emissions?
4. Do I have to sit so low?
5. Why do you sit on the right side?
6. Why is it so noisy?
7. Can you se a meeting car sitting so low?
8. Drive slower
9. Can you see any one when doing this u-turn?
10. Drive slower
11. DRIVE SLOWER
12. Why is the windshield so close to your face, is it safe?
13. Why are the door so strange?
14. DRIVE SLOWER
15. How do I get out?
16. How do I release the harness?

Finally she smashes her forhead on the door-top.

She is not blonde:)

riek: that was some funny stuff. i have often wondered why i'm still single! other that the fact that i'm balding, overweight and overbearing....

Heheheh, My wife comes up with all that when I take her out in the family sedan.
She refuses to set foot in the GT40.

You're in good company - my wife also refuses to ride in my GT40. She has all manner of excuses!

John
:pepper:

This reminds me of a recent exchange in the shed:

Me: This is how tall it's going to be.
Wife: Why's it so short?
Me: So it goes fast.
Wife: Where are you going to go fast, the racetrack?
Me: Everywhere!
Wife: Hmm.

My girls will go anywhere with me!

Attachments

• Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 151.jpg
    Mustang, Pantera, thanksgiving 151.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 550

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
If I ever get the $$ to build a 40, I want it fitted with a roll cage with a side intrusion bar on the passenger's side--not so much for safety as to make it hard for the SO to get in. Needless to say, I don't really want her sitting in that other seat. It will be much more pleasant to drive without having to listen to all the crying and pleading eminating from the other side.

Dugly

Malcolm

Supporter
I must be very lucky. I had my car well before I even met my wife. So when we got married it was already part of the scene. Instead of trying to compete aganst it, she is happy to compete with it. So on 8th September whilst I am at Silverstone doing my race she is to take the 40 to Brighton for the Speed Trials. My only concern is if she doesn't beat someone else in a 40, then she will be a bear with a sore head to live with!

We had a bit of a thread a while back on passengers in the 40's. There appear to be only two extremes, the wives who love them and even want to drive, and those who will never set foot in them again. Seems that many owners drive alone. With all the old bast**ds building 40's, soon owners will have to fit the seeing eye dog into the passenger seat. Can you get six point animal harnesses?

Dalton

Back