The funny things people say to you about your SLC...

Fran,

I'm sure that you have addressed this before, but for the sake of this particular thread, what would YOU prefer or hope that your SLC customers say, in response to the question "What is it?" (After all, its your baby, and I'm sure that you'd prefer that curious onlookers be as well informed as possible regarding what the car actually is...)

I plan on responding in the following manner (once I own my future SLC): "It's a Superlite SLC; It's a GTP inspired, component built race car, that can be registered for street-legal use. It rides on a well engineered lightweight aluminum monocoque chassis, it has a CFD designed body and aero package, ... (etc.)..."

A non-car person will likely tune out after the phraze "street-legal racecar", but I suppose that that's all a non-car person would really need to know about this car.

Just curious, thanks

Last edited:
I used to answer (when I had the Razor), "It's a Superlite Razor."

Answer only what they ask. From my experience, everything you just said there will be asked in one form or another by a "car" guy. Others will just answer, "oh... ok." and continue to look at it.

Fran,

I'm sure that you have addressed this before, but for the sake of this particular thread, what would YOU prefer or hope that your SLC customers say, in response to the question "What is it?" (After all, its your baby, and I'm sure that you'd prefer that curious onlookers be as well informed as possible regarding what the car actually is...)

I plan on responding in the following manner (once I own my future SLC): "It's a Superlite SLC; It's a GTP inspired, component built race car, that can be registered for street-legal use. It rides on a well engineered lightweight aluminum monocoque chassis, it has a CFD designed body and aero package, ... (etc.)..."

A non-car person will likely tune out after the phraze "street-legal racecar", but I suppose that that's all a non-car person would really need to know about this car.

Just curious, thanks

And they'll ask, "what's a monocoque"? And you'll stand at the gas pump for another 20 minutes. . But it'll be fun.

Mike

Fran,

Just curious, thanks

After youve said that for the 800th time in as much time, you'll find a faster way of saying it... Not that I know that experience or anything.. :shy:

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
There’s a short history of the SLC here. It has several pictures of the first body buck shown at the Import and Kit Car Nationals in 2006. It sure grew into its current good looks;-)<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

I was at the car show by me in Ravenna, 1 time a year show, 2nd annual was 940 some cars.

Anyway, this guy was telling me all about his knowledge of all the cars, all the exoctics, then he asked if mine was the same year as Jay Leno's Mcclaren, I said yes, but mine cost more because of the paint job. He just nodded his head a walked away.

Congrats, those people are ample at shows and a joy to fuck with! Can't count the times i have pointed at a fuel injected manifold and told them i had 2 double pumpers. They usually step back and just say "wow! It must be fast".

OSHA and EPA keeps stupid people alive.

That's why there are so many stupid people out there, where they would normally been in a instatution, we let them out for 4 decades, and bred and bred and bred, and got more stupid each time. You cant tell me the best times weren't in the 60's and 70's to grow up. You were never in the house, you talked to your friends, not text them, you climbed trees, swung from vines, threw snowballs at cars and ran, rode your bicycle everywhere with out the fear of being taken. Halloween, the worst thing was when you got a apple or orange instead of candy.

Now we have to have cars that stop automatically, radio wont go on unless everyone in the car is buckled in. Automatic seat belts, traction control, left and right turning warnings so we dont have to move our head from texting, yada yada yada.

Blood pressure is up now.

OSHA and EPA keeps stupid people alive.

That's why there are so many stupid people out there, where they would normally been in a instatution, we let them out for 4 decades, and bred and bred and bred, and got more stupid each time. You cant tell me the best times weren't in the 60's and 70's to grow up. You were never in the house, you talked to your friends, not text them, you climbed trees, swung from vines, threw snowballs at cars and ran, rode your bicycle everywhere with out the fear of being taken. Halloween, the worst thing was when you got a apple or orange instead of candy.

Now we have to have cars that stop automatically, radio wont go on unless everyone in the car is buckled in. Automatic seat belts, traction control, left and right turning warnings so we dont have to move our head from texting, yada yada yada.

Blood pressure is up now.
:thumbsup:

Amen my friend! I am so with you. By todays standards you would have thought that the human race would have just
annihilated itself. I tell my kids the same thing and its "yeah yeah, dad"... text text... text. Oh yeah, and that schwinn stingray that I converted into a dirt bike long before there were "dirt bike" bikes and put a thousand miles on it jumping curbs and recreating Evil Knievel stunts..... gasp.... I didn't wear a helmet.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yea but will it beat a P1????

Will it pull 2 Gs sustained in a corner????

Where's the wheelie bars and chute for when you take it to the drags????

Does that wing flip flop like some of them old CanAm cars????

I had one like that once. It had a nail in the nose to keep it in the groove!!!

Today I had people ask if it was a Zonda, a Lamborghini, and a McLaren.

The problem is that when you tell people "It's a Superlite SLC," they get a funny look on their face and say, "What's that?"

They don't know what it is, but they know deep in their heart that's it's the coolest thing they've seen all day.

Related to that, this evening I took the SLC to a local restaurant to pick up some takeout, and a guy in a motorcycle started following me closely, finally pulling into my neighborhood with me. I stopped well before my house and opened the door to see what was up. It turned out he was just entranced by the car, and wanted to take a pic. So I waited while my takeout slowly cooled while he took a pic. :)

The SLC does seem to attract attention.

Yesterday I was filling up the SLC (hey- I'm putting miles on it!) and a couple of cops came by to check it out. They didn't know what it was, but seemed to enjoy it. Despite it being 5:30 AM and dark, the station's C-store emptied out as well.

Not a word from the cops about the noise as I crept slowly out of the station. :)

I've been hit by cops running laser at least three times so far, in 300 miles. Either I was lucky each time, or the shape of the SLC caused a rift in the space-time continuum and my speed always read under the posted speed limit.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I actually overheard a guy tell his girlfriend.......... "that's a ugly bumper" So I said to my buddy loud enough to be heard " that guy thinks the snowplow is a bumper"

Attachments

• HPIM2159.jpg
    HPIM2159.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 236
Back