thread search function

Am I the only one who comes up with a goose egg whenever trying to search a specific thread or just generally on the site?
Google will pull up things occasionally, but it is rare. Do I have settings wrong or are others seeing this too?

Reason I ask is I am seeming to spend 4x more time researching than I am actually getting work done. :thumbsdown:

Yes the search is all but useless.

Use google:

Site:gt40s.com your-search-terms

That will get you hits only on this site. So you probably want to include SLC or something else relevant in your search to further refine...

Frank, that's what I try to do with google searches. Atleast I'm not the only one.

Bob, that's the problem I am having too. I saw somerhing a month ago, and now, I spent 5 hours going through everyones build thread again looking for it. Nothing. Lol.

The wiki is up, and has been. Perhaps there is a cache or dns issue on your pc?

Edit: The old, long-obsoleted wiki is dead, and hasn't been active for over a year. The current wiki that has been in production since then is up, and filled with useful info. Check it out at public.slc.wiki

Last edited:
I had the exact problem, and someone pointed me to the advanced search on Google. I bookmarked the first search I did, and manually change the term prior to "SLC clubhouse" for each new search. Paste this into the address field of your browser or right into Google:

transaxle park brake caliper "SLC clubhouse" site:The SLC Clubhouse - GT40s.com

This works like a charm and you will do the happy dance. And don't forget to bookmark your search so you don't have to go back to try to find this thread! :rolleyes2:

Again, wasn't my idea, someone else around here showed me how to do it.

A.J.

I was looking for a specific Thread too and didnt find it - it was the one where a Builder used a manial Steering-Column instead the electric one - does anyone know who it was ?

Last edited:
I believe that the first to do that was Howard Jones.

And I was the second, haha, I loved copying Howard. I took one look at the electrical unit and was like 'WTF; is race car, don't want this bullshit in it'

It's pretty straight forward - you get a solid shaft and a DD tube, as well as a mounting bracket (from a gt40?). Position shaft, make your own mounting bracket, bolt to chassis, done.

i feel sorry for you guys who keep the electrical unit and have to stick your head down there to do work; way too cramped for my liking

Back