Tinted Lexan Windows - Please?

Good info Dan, thanks for calling. Least we know they do have some UV protection built in and not just straight tint.

Welcome, glad to help when I can. Most all thanks is due to Dan making the AC thread which started this idea. I'm beyond excited to swap windows, can't stand the tint bubbles I have.

Del - 1pc
Joel - 1pc
Mark - 1pc
Dusty - 1pc
Kurt - 1pc
Cam - 1pc
Dan -
Rich - 1pc
Carlos - 1pc

It's going to be a long 8 weeks, will be curious to see how long till I try peel my current tint and how bad the actual stuck to the rest of the window.

Please add me to the list . I will call tomorrow, One piece windows , no rear window . Good job Del and Dan !!!
Hector

So I assume because of the 8 piece minimum I cannot order the heavy tint? I live in West Texas and have had melanoma recently , so double Whammy for me, even though I hate driving with those at night, survival is more important, thanks guys.

So I assume because of the 8 piece minimum I cannot order the heavy tint? I live in West Texas and have had melanoma recently , so double Whammy for me, even though I hate driving with those at night, survival is more important, thanks guys.

Yep, unfortunately not. I wouldn't have minded having dark tint, but mid-level is the best all around for everyone. You'll be glad you have tint period, especially over there!

Del - 1pc
Joel - 1pc
Mark - 1pc
Dusty - 1pc
Kurt - 1pc
Cam - 1pc
Dan -
Rich - 1pc
Carlos - 1pc
Hector - 1pc

I paid for the windows, do we have any idea when they become available?

It was an 8 week lead time from time order was placed. It sounded like Fran placed the order not too long after we talked. Assuming so we have another 3-4ish weeks to go.

I spoke to Fran a few weeks ago about adding this to my build, he actually brought it up as an option. When I find out more details I'll share.

Funny you posted on the thread. I happen to think about the windows last night and is in ballpark for the tinted ones. Randomly shot Fran an email late last night to just check up on things while I was thinking about it, sounds like they may show up to RCR this week!

Now for a bad news... It sounds like the vendor is phasing out tinted Lexan so this may be the only chance to grab a tinted set of windows. I'm thankful for RCR doing this for us and will have ours

Del,

Thank you for the update. Wonder why they are phasing out tinted lexan? Are they having issues with it, forming it perhaps?

I'm unsure as to why they're phasing it out. My first guess was just not enough people ordering tinted lexan, but who knows.

Mine are scheduled to be delivered today. Now I just need time to work on my car. Summer has been very busy with other things, my timeline is out the window. It needs a serious re-baselining.

No fair, lol! When I originally checked, mine were due in Thursday.... now it's Friday. Not sure if I'll have time to get them installed this weekend anyways, just antsy to get them in my hands.

Back