Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Tom - It looks gorgeous...

Will you be adding stripes or leaving her in her stunning birthday suit (Naked)?

This is one very serious car!

I love the blue garden seat, where you will be able to sit with a glass of fine wine and admire your finished car, until you have to start on those jobs around the house that you've neglected.

absolutely love the contrast of the black chassis to the orange colour

Tom

I agree. I am planning on an orange body with black/dark orange racing stripe (once I actually get a 40). I've been following your build very closely and you have done an amazing job.

Eric

Hi Tom,
Looking fantastic and almost there - but like they say on projects like these, after completing 90% of the job there's only the remaining 90% to do..

Still planning on selling this beauty ? can't believe how you could part with her.

Hi Tom,

Still planning on selling this beauty ? can't believe how you could part with her.

Actually Yes . I made a lot of experiences with this build, which i would love to incorporate in a next one.

it is just a question if the market will value my efforts.

TOM

I love the blue garden seat, where you will be able to sit with a glass of fine wine and admire your finished car, until you have to start on those jobs around the house that you've neglected.

Hi Dalton

i wish i would have neglected this jobs and the car would be long finished.

Refurbished the kitchen in spring ( new granite floor and new granite workbench).

And this is what tied me up the last 4 weeks. A nice Addition to my home which i tried to avoid for over ten years , but finally i had to surrender. Would make a nice display room for the GT40.

PICT4241.jpg

PICT4242.jpg

TOM :thumbsup:

That's a major project there Tom. But it makes an enormous difference to your house. Would be really great to have a GT40 sitting in there as a working piece of sculpture. Well done anyway.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Refurbished the kitchen in spring ( new granite floor and new granite workbench).

Only a TRUE GEAR-HEAD would call a Granite Kitchen Counter a WorkBench! :laugh::thumbsup:

Very VERY nice Tom!!!

I´m short before wiring the car. The wiring diagramm just needs a few lines here and there. In preparation of the wiring Franz ( he learned telekomunikation maintenance in the time they only used relais for transmitting stations, so he knows how to do a neat wire loom with focus on reliability and servicability) and me defined the routing and placement of the different components.
I also finished my dash. I followed Chucks concept with a removable aluminium switch panel . Nutserts where installed in the glassfiber for easy mounting of the switch panels. The wires will be kept long enough to be able to pull the switch panel and service the switches without the need of crawling under oder dismounting the dash.

Cut outs for switches
PICT4246.jpg

PICT4247.jpg

right side switch panel
PICT4248.jpg

left side switch panel
PICT4249.jpg

installed in dash
PICT4251.jpg

left side with oil pressure warning light
PICT4255.jpg

After searching for a nice oil pressure warning light i built one myself out of a custom bike rear light. A nice alumium bezel was fabbed by Robert ( RCR MK2). It looks classic and perfect in size ( if you think it is to big, in my former cars i usually used a rear fog light for this purpose, no chance to miss that one if it comes on)
PICT4254.jpg

Having the painted doors installed, the need to protect the paint is there. Doorcatch straps where made out of a nice italian leather belt. They fold perfect when closed and are very solid but still elastic limiters of the door opening action.

PICT4259.jpg

PICT4260.jpg

TOM
AWH 835h

Last edited:

Chuck

Supporter
Tom:

Ah, so many talents . . .

The House project: That scaffolding is almost as impressive as the addition. You must have in Deutschland the equivalent of OSHA in the USA.

The GT project: nice work on the dash. I actually found the wiring one of the most 'fun' parts of the build. Can recall well the wires extending from the kitchen through the dining room and into the living room. Dining room table? Naw, that was the auxillary work bench . . . .

Chuck

Lovely. Technical, logical, reliable, serviceable; it makes a real difference when so much thought goes into a build. Keep up the standard and your car will be fantastic.

Tom

Seeing your car in final paint reaffirms my eventual color choice. I'm going with black on orange, too (unless I change my mind again). Looks fantastic.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back