Toronto Award Winning SL-C

I apologise for not responding sooner but things have been quite insane around here what with getting ready for the London car show and also trying to move my home. I had no idea how much crap I could possibly accumulate in 20 years.
The turbos are Ball bearing T3-T4 hybrids with a custom A/R ratio and a custom trim coefficient which I will post later for those interested. The turbos are both oil and water cooled with variable wastegates and internally exhausted BOV's. Minimizing back pressure while the engine still maintains 10;1 compression ratio with good bottom end response and simply mind blowing response from about 3000 rpm through 8000. The engine also has a 5 stage dry sump sytem by Petersen and all internal fasteners are ARP with ACL bearings, forged pistons and forged H beam rods. It also has custom ground camshafts, Walbro fuel pumps, high impedence injectors, L19 head studs, rising rate fuel regulator, custom schedule 10 stainless manifolds, upgraded fuel rails, Cometic head gaskets, and so on and so on. It wasnt cheap but boy does it go!

Toby interested to know what fuel you ran when they ran them figures.
Im guessing not pump fuel from the bowser, not with 10:1 comp.
The car looks stunning.

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments and your right I ran VP12 race fuel for fear of detonation concerns. The Haltech management system helped a great deal and with less boost I would have been able to run a mixed fuel and probably keep the engine in one piece however this would be impractical for a predominately street intended car. Also I found that I felt that my qualifications to handle such a power to weight ratio, despite my racing background was on limits. I have since detuned the engine to a more manageable figure of around 650-750 hp and run a boost level in the range of 8-10 lbs. I think I will actually be faster with this configuration than previous as I wont be so intimidated and I will actually drive the car rather than it drive me. There are probably those on the forum that can drive the car at the previous levels but they probably also have the wallet to rebuild the engine after every 25-30 hours of run time. Sadly I do not but I still think the new set-up will provide more than enough adrenelin and will still easily eclipse 200 MPH on pump gas and be far more streetable.
My Friend and I just finished the new Turbo configuration and when I have the assembly completed I will post some new pics. Thanks for your interest and if you would like more detailed information on the components I have used PM me if you like. Thanks again
Toby

Thanks for the reply
I thought as much, I have built a similar set up for a customer (ron98, 9.5:1 comp 12psi boost)it was fantastic to drive but we found you paint yourself into a corner with ign timing(lack of) at full sniff.
It was down to 4-5 deg and was sending exhaust valve temps to critical.

You will get used to the power after a few weeks then I bet you wind up the wick.
All the best with your project again it looks magic.

Jim

Back