Toronto Award Winning SL-C

Any video on this car available yet, I would be curious to see a in car cam going around a track to get a better idea of power and handling. That car sure does look absolutely beautiful, good luck with it and I look forward to more posts.

Erik Johnson

Here are some revisions being done to Toby's car.

2805890961_large.jpg

da363f54.jpg

bb1358aa.jpg

73e87c9f.jpg

76470924.jpg

Those are beauties.
I see the v-band on the end there...are you using the new Tial stainless turbine housings? I just picked one up and it weighs 1/3 of what my T6 frame did.

Those are beauties.
I see the v-band on the end there...are you using the new Tial stainless turbine housings? I just picked one up and it weighs 1/3 of what my T6 frame did.

The v-band you see is the joint for the second half of the manifold that connects a larger j-bend to the turbo, along with a mini tial watercooled wastegate. It was decided to keep the t3 turbine. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow.

I have a few of those tial housings around. They are really nice pieces.

I'm surprised the stock lower intake manifold has been kept, from what I've read, that's supposed to be the restrictive part on the intake.
But I guess not if enough boost is shoved up it! ;)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Those look like really neat headers.

Please could you advise if the "slip joints" to the collector are good enough in the pressure side of a turbo system -do they seal well enough?

Or will the collectors be welded in place to avoid "leaky exhausts"

Cheers
Ian

IanAnderson;310599 Please could you advise if the "slip joints" to the collector are good enough in the pressure side of a turbo system -do they seal well enough?[/QUOTE said:
I've used the double-slip collectors with a turbo and they sealed as good as welded joints. I'll be using them again on my new system too.

Fran I have used Burns before and they definitely top notch. Not to mention that they are relatively cheap when you consider the build quality and that they can custom make you pretty much anything exhaust related (used them for my M3).

Back