Track Time at Dunsfold!!!

I've been in touch with the guys who run driver instruction at Dunsfold, which is perhaps best known as the place made famous by a certain BBC motoring program.....

The GTD40 Club will be visiting in the Spring of 2007 (exact date to be confirmed) - which should give everyone plenty of time for the Winter preparation/upgrades.

The price is £189 and for that you will have a classroom briefing, an introduction to the track, and one hour of instruction in your own car. If you really must ;), you will have the opportunity of six standing start laps, which will be timed.

This will be followed by a debrief and review.....

It goes without saying that this will be a fantastic opportunity for your 40 (or any other car you have) to "stretch its legs" and for you to enjoy some one-on-one tuition.

Numbers for the day will be limited to a maximum of 6 cars, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.

So, let me know if you're interested.......

Malcolm

Supporter
Charles

Do you know if they will accept non road going cars? Am thinking of my Pro Sport. Mind you it would be good to have all GT40s there. Perhaps get a variety of makes to have a go. CAV, MDA, GTD, Tornado and now RCR.

Actually this is a good way for non licensed competitors to have a timed run on a track. From the brief I have read you get 6 timed laps, only one car on the circuit at a time.

Charles,
I'd like a space please if I may (porsche 993 or Caterham 7), but will give it up for someone driving a 40 if necessary (and some pass laps :D )

I've pm'd you too.

Cheers,
John.

Malcolm, I will ask the question. I reckon the Prosport would be superb fun!

John - message received! You're on the list.

Jos - your interest is also noted. It would be fun to see how a 308 compares to a 40. I've driven one in the past and it was lovely. I'll PM you later today.

Best,

Charles

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
I've just spoken to Roy Smart about joining the club in the New Year.
I'd like a place at Dunsfold and I promise to bring a '40!

Charles
You didn't mention me in your note above!

I'm sure comparing my Noble to a 40 would be just as much fun as comparing a 308!

I hope you have me on your list
Thanks

Just to clarify....
Priority will be given to members of the GTD40 Club, and then entry will be opened to non-members. I just re-read my post and realised I didn't make that particularly clear. Sorry.
For now, we can use this thread as "the list"....

Chris, apologies. Don't take it personally :D

Charles

Malcolm

Supporter
Charles,

As this post is the "list", I had better clarify that I cannot commit yet so if I lose my slot as a result, that is my tough luck. Once I know the answer to my earlier question, I can decide which car to prep and how practical it is to do so, and then see if I can get a pass out! That last bit will be the easier bit I suspect.

Hi Charles

You seem to have 6 cars already but if there is any chance of a place, could I bring my Lotus Exige S? I'm afraid the GT40 isn't ready yet.

I would like to put myself up for this. If I have purchased a 40 in time (viewing a car this week) then so much the better. Otherwise I would like to bring the XKR.

Happy to take a reserve slot as standby.

Charles,

depending on the date, I would like to join with my GTD40.
Let me know asap and if date is not convenient, it looks like there will be enough amateurs to take my slot over.
Let me know

Fred

Any news? The XKR's gone and I have not yet taken the 40 plunge, but I'd like to bring the 9 if you can't get enough 40's to attend.

Back