UK gt40 insurance.

I know the question I'm about to ask is a how longs a piece of string question. But what's everyone's insurance costing them for their gt40 in the UK? Not that it matters. I'm 21 but intend to have it done within 2-3 years so hopefully be 24 ish so shouldn't be too bad.... Famous last words...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

Sit down before you read!

My car self only driving max 3000 annual miles, £280 with a guaranteed value £40k and title retention.Including breakdown legal etc.now age 60.

One year when I had already moved to Scotland but my car was still in Middlesex I insured my Daughter, then aged 24 so she could keep it ticking over and same cover and £850.

So expect a similar price, probably slightly increased to cover a new build total cost.

Ian

Andrew

Supporter
I tried numerous insurance companies for my GT40, I was 38 when I got mine and Footman James was the cheapest by an absolute mile!!!

Hi

Sit down before you read!

My car self only driving max 3000 annual miles, £280 with a guaranteed value £40k and title retention.Including breakdown legal etc.now age 60.

One year when I had already moved to Scotland but my car was still in Middlesex I insured my Daughter, then aged 24 so she could keep it ticking over and same cover and £850.

So expect a similar price, probably slightly increased to cover a new build total cost.

Ian
That's not too bad mate. I pay that for my new bm and my e30 will be about the same. So not too worried running 3 cars. Hopefully see if I can get them bundled together on a multi car. As long as its under a grand mate I can stomach that. I paid 1400 to insure a mini one d with a black box for the first year that was emotional.

I tried numerous insurance companies for my GT40, I was 38 when I got mine and Footman James was the cheapest by an absolute mile!!!
Lovely stuff mate thank you. I've heard good things about them. They do quote cheap for classics I believe aswell

Hi James ...... I would try Classic Line in Hinkley, Leics. As I'm sure you realise your age will not help. However, as you have multiple vehicles, then doing a package deal on them will help. You can go for a really low limited mileage on the GT40 (as you can always extend it if need be for a small increment on the fee). Personally, I would be wary of Footman James ...... I took my fleet away from them due a large increase in premium.
No doubt the dynamics will have changed in 2-3 years time and some of the companies we use will have gone or been taken over.

Hi James ...... I would try Classic Line in Hinkley, Leics. As I'm sure you realise your age will not help. However, as you have multiple vehicles, then doing a package deal on them will help. You can go for a really low limited mileage on the GT40 (as you can always extend it if need be for a small increment on the fee). Personally, I would be wary of Footman James ...... I took my fleet away from them due a large increase in premium.
No doubt the dynamics will have changed in 2-3 years time and some of the companies we use will have gone or been taken over.
Thanks yes my age is against me. I work in the army so that's not doing me favours either. But like you say I'll be insuring 3 cars under my name so should be able to wangle a discount. I think it's a bridge I'll cross when I get there. Until then research and enjoy the process or building. But thanks for your advice on Footman Jones I've heard people in the classic BMW world rant and rave about them so will have to see what the situations like. How does kit car insurance work? Do they base the premium on engine size And value. In which case what's the going rate for a complete Southern gt? About 80 odd grand I'd have thought?

Back