UPGRADE BRAKES FOR A TORNADO?!

Me again. We want to upgrade the brakes on the car. Have 10 inch discs all around. Want to go a bigas possible with the 15 inch wheels. Have no calipers as of yet. What wouls everyone suggest? Are the 10 inch ok?

I am fitting two GTDs with new brakes all round at this time. 6pots on fronts,4 pots on rears, mechanical or hydraulic handbrake. I use both AP and much more economical but equally as good brakes from Hi Tech Engineering, Dartford, Kent UK. I have been working with Hi Tech to develope ready to fit kits for these cars. Currently fitting 340mm Discsx30mm 6 pot calipers to front 17" wheels, and 330x28 4 pot calipers to rears. I do not use wilwood as I consider the cross bridge too weak, and have experienced problems with them on track (Dynalite 2s). E m,ail for further info. Frank

Chip
There was an article in Kitcar mag on brakes and setups from Baer and Stainless Steel in the March issue. It might help you out.
Bill

Chip,

You & I are at the same stage, after the same info!

I've driven my car 30 miles or so now I've sorted a few reliability issues & tried the brakes with a bit more anger.

Basically I have a soft pedal & then the fronts just lock...

If you look at http://www.raldes.co.uk/ there is a wilwood kit, alloy 4 pots front & rear with vented discs for about 1400 UKP & looks like it should do the trick. Presumably this is a bolt-on kit.. perhaps someone on this forum has experience/knowledge of this kit?

Back