Wanted: Floor Jack Cross Beam

Is there anyone on this forum making a custom floor jack cross beam that fits our SPF GT40 lifting points? One that mounts to the jack pad hole. I saw one at Harbor Freight, but it's not wide enough. It also would also need modifications to make it work safety.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have a design done for one that will work with either the MK I or MK II jack points and would have "tabs" to locate the quick jacks and prevent sliding off.

The question is will it work with a variety of jacks (different heights at rest) and different sizes of the hole the regular jack pad locates into. Also cost to build vs. what we can sell for? Perhaps I will just post the design and you guys can build you own?

Rick, thanks for your reply.

What about if there was simply a hole in the center of the beam someone could use a bolt and nut to make it fit various jacks. I'm not a fabricator or a welder. I also don't know of anyone who could make it for me. I'm interested in buying one... ready to use.

Maybe if there's enough interest here someone could make a few and sell them. Anyone else interested in buying a floor jack cross beam for their GT40 or Cobra?

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I've sketched one out I'm going to fabricate in the coming weeks. I'll post here when it's done.

Back