Warts and all GT40 Australia #48

Re: GT40 Australia #48

Hi Pete,

I would love to see a picture of your "bare" seat before you mount it - since you stated you did not get the hammock style seat - what seat did you get - as I'm still building, now's the time for me to change - what the hell it's only money!!

Also, in one of your last pictures (showing the fuel plumbing) - there is a "post" mounted next to the rear clip hold down clamp - I assume that's for aligning the rear clip when it's closed - is there a mating "hole" in the rear clip itself that closes over this post? (this is different from the way mine is aligned).

thanks

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Looking real good. Are those fog lights in the lower recess?

[/ QUOTE ]The clear is a driving light. The orange a turn
indicator.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Dave,there is a "hole" in which the alignment post mates. I will tke pics next time I am at the factory. The race type seats are an option from DRB. If you email Peter Ransom, [email protected] I am sure he will be happy to supply specs,upholstory options and quote prices. As soon as mine arrive I will post pics.If you want the seats mounted on rails the floor pan needs to be modified to make room. Peter can supply details.

Hi Pete,

Car looks great.
In the UK I'm told not to fit the headlamp covers untill the car is SVA'd (government test) as they affect the headlamp beam pattern - is this not the case in Aus ???

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

I'm not sure what our rules say about covers Paul,but thanks for the heads up I'll check it out. They are only on temporarily and have to come off to allow fit of head lights, painting etc.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Pete,

I would love to see a picture of your "bare" seat before you mount it - since you stated you did not get the hammock style seat - what seat did you get - as I'm still building, now's the time for me to change - what the hell it's only money!!

Also, in one of your last pictures (showing the fuel plumbing) - there is a "post" mounted next to the rear clip hold down clamp - I assume that's for aligning the rear clip when it's closed - is there a mating "hole" in the rear clip itself that closes over this post? (this is different from the way mine is aligned).

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]Here are some pics of the race seat and the male\ female locating pins for rear clip.

Attachments

• 40302-locatingpinrearclip.JPG
    40302-locatingpinrearclip.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,081

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

The finished item upholstered in leather. Not mine. Mine will have flash red inserts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 40305-saetfinished.JPG
    40305-saetfinished.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 1,127

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

A little more progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 40884-gt1.jpg
    40884-gt1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,132