I finally got a fan....

Attachments

• 41665-RIMG0002.JPG
    41665-RIMG0002.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 968

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Re: GT40 Australia #48

Thought you guys would like to see a pic of the good wife.
But for some reason could only post the Handbrake.......
Aw well they both have the same effect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.... Only jokin darlin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 41666-RIMG0006.JPG
    41666-RIMG0006.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,054

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Hi Pete, that looks like PR's new "dropped floor" - an extra inch of clearance !

I have the standard floor, & to make things worse, RF seats (about an inch higher than DRB's). After around 200kms yesterday for the brake & noise tests (unbelievably, it passed !), I have a bruise on the top of my head from the morning's driving, & a crook back from sliding down & forward for the afternoon's driving ! Something needs to be done !

BTW, what type of finish did you apply to the suspension parts - they look superb !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Come on Pete,
You gotta get going Pal. I expect that thing to be done by the time I get over there for the Grand Prix in February. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Keep goin' buddy, you'll get there .

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter,

If you didn't have such a "big head" after passing the RTA tests,
overhead clearance wouldn't have been a problem! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Or did the "big head" occur after the mandatory celebration? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Now that you've passed RTA, couldn't you just remove the seat adjusters, and mount the seats directly to the floor?

Bill

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Peter, The suspension uprights are coated with heat treated
ceramic aluminium. Peter Ransom can tell you where it is done.
Hersh, I sure hope it is finished by the time you get here in February. Some more pics of progress coming up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Feb

Attachments

• 42031-waterpipesrun.jpg
    42031-waterpipesrun.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,080

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Peter , yes that it the lowered floor, I am not tall but it allows room to fit a slide mechanism for the seat, rather than having to move the pedals. Insisted upon by the cheese
and Kisses who is a bigger rev head than I am..............

Windows tried for size.

Attachments

• 42032-DoorWindows8-08-04001.jpg
    42032-DoorWindows8-08-04001.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 942

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Peter, Congratulations on passing the RTA tests. I missed that earlier.You give me hope, I think you have the same eight stack set up as me, and now you have created the precedent by passing, maybe the QLD authoriy will accept as they have no test facility up here.
What sort of seat belt arrangment do you have? Thought a four point harness might help you stop sliding about.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Hershal - I will be at the AGP in Melbourne with a couple of mates (I think it is on for March 3-6), & I think Bill Bayard might also be here in Oz at around that time - so we'll all have to catch up.

Any other starters for the AGP ?

Bill - my head has now returned to normal size & I still can't fit in comfortably !! I just have the RF seats bolted straight down on the floor, so it will be "dropped floors" or lower seats. I am playing around with some old DRB seat shells to see what is best.

Pete - those suspension bits came up beautifully. I had most of mine done (some by HPC & some by Jet-Hot) but they have got so crappy since then that I had forgotten how good that finish can look. A tube of metal polish & a few hours work should fix them up. I think that the HPC guys give things a good polish/buff before shipping, but that the Jet-Hot people just ship the stuff out of the oven (some work with the metal polish generally brings it up to the HPC standard).

Those windows look nice & neat - its amazing what laser cutting can do (imagine trying to do them manually) !

Re the RTA tests - thanks - but I can't say it was fun ! With regard to the emissions & QLD, I suspect that PR will be the "crash test dummy" on that one - his own car has much the same setup as ours, & has been ready for testing / approval for a while. It will be interesting to see what QT say, given their lack of testing facilities.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete & Peter,
It would be great if we all could get together and share a pizza and a few cold ones while I'm there. Hey, who knows, maybe several other guys will show from over here.
I also hope to make the Phillip Island Historics. Now that was real fun too. Me and Robert had one great time there last year. especially watching a real GT40 participating in the races.
One thing I would really like though is to see if several of the guys over there get together with their GTs so I can see them. That would be great.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter

Guys, rather than clutter up Pete's build thread, I'll start a new thread under "Off Topic Posts" so that we can all keep up to date on who is going to be where for the Aust Grand Prix in early March.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

The Beast has been given a Heart. Not yet beating, but stick around..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 42153-Motorinstallation8-08-04001.jpg
    42153-Motorinstallation8-08-04001.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,108

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Another view...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 42154-Motorinstallation8-08-04003.jpg
    42154-Motorinstallation8-08-04003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,065

OUTSTANDING !! Pete.... You don't seem to wast any
time do ya.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

Geez Hersh, a week ago you were telling me to get a move on!!
Actually, I would love to have it finished in time to go to the GT40 40th anniversary celebrations in Melbourne in
November. I had better start cracking the whip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Will be at the Grand Prix in March for sure, Mrs Rev Head insists on it.

Back