Weber carbs

Has anyone had experience, good or bad, with the on-line supplier 'Weber Carbs Direct'. I have asked questions by e-mail on three occasions and have had no reply. I am interested in one of the V-8 Kits they have for sale.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
No reply to emails? I'd keep looking. And I have heard that these are not authentic Webers, but I am not certain about it.

If they don't answer your questions when they are trying to make a sale, imagine how poor the customer service will be AFTER they get your $$$.....

You might try Pierce or Redline. or Inglese, but Inglese is now part of Comp Cams and RHS. Inglese himself is still in business, and you should also ask him. He probably knows as much as anyone does about these V8 setups....

Yes, bought a "Weber" kit for a stroker VW engine from them. While the IDFs were actual weber carbs, the rest of the kit was some cheesy Chinese made kit and not much good at all - poor/rough castings that don't fit, junky/flimsy carb linkage, etc. I'd give them about a 4 out of 10.

Thanks a lot guys. I have also been told that the carbs they supply are not Weber carbs made in Spain, but knockoffs made elsewhere. I am preparing to purchase from PerformanceCarbKits. Their pictures of setups are superb, and they do supply authentic Spanish made Webers at about 25% higher in price.

Back