What is the approx cost of a new ZF transaxle?

If you're not going to exceed 400 HP you might consider a Getrag 01E 6-speed transaxle. If you're interested, I can get you a modified and beefed up one with adapter, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, throwout bearing, starter, etc. (everything needed to bolt up to a SBF) for under $7500.

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Hello all,
bumping up an old thread - does anybody know how much the cost of a new RBT 5 speed is today?
Thanks,
Markus

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
$16,000 or $17,000 for a transaxle...
Hmmmm...lemme see...one will be able to buy a turnkey, 2023 C-8, flat-plane crank-equipped, 8,600 RPM, 4-valve, 670 h.p., 8-speed transaxle-equipped Z06 Corvette with a warranty for how much again?

...going to my room now... ;-)

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As you know Larry, I have a deposit on a ZO6. On the corvette forum I’m on there’s quite a debate on the starting price, but most people think the average mildly loaded car will be $125-130K. I think most of the guys on here have at least that in their cars.But here’s where dealer greed comes into play.

Regards Brian

Attachments

• 676850F4-B597-4B53-8306-1CF13BBDB1F0.png
    676850F4-B597-4B53-8306-1CF13BBDB1F0.png
    709.6 KB · Views: 276
Not really surprising, given the general shortage of cars, along with the hype around this particular model. Being first costs big $ unless you have a bullet proof relationship with a dealer. Being patient will pay big dividends.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
As you know Larry, I have a deposit on a ZO6. On the corvette forum I’m on there’s quite a debate on the starting price, but most people think the average mildly loaded car will be $125-130K. I think most of the guys on here have at least that in their cars.But here’s where dealer greed comes into play.

Regards Brian

709.6 KBViews: 2

Anybody who'd pay $200,000 OVER STICKER for a $130K-or-so car REALLY needs his head checked.
I paid a premium for my 4-option 2006 Ford GT (nowhere NEAR $200K!) but ONLY BECAUSE Ford said there'd BE NO MORE FGTs. Obviously they lied, but, that's another topic.

'Getting back to the Z06: I've >heard< this car will (like the upcoming "Zora") be another one of those "limited production" cars destined ONLY for "special people" as determined by the 'glass tower' dwellers :rolleyes: ...we commoners won't be worthy enough...even individuals who could buy 10 of them. How TRUE any of that may be is TBD.
It appears as though both Ford and GM have decided to go the snobbish, 'Ferrari-esque', 'ego stroking' marketing route with their top-of-the-line 'Halo' (read that: 'exotic') cars...and there ARE those who will be only too eager to play that game.
My own opinion (not that anyone CARES - or should!) is that there isn't a Corvette GM could make for which I'd pay $400K (out the door including the $200K EXTORTION fee mentioned in the link above).
'Guess I'm just too darned CHEAP...or too darned BROKE!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I have deposits on both the ZO6 and the Zora. I’m just a OLD ( but not as old as you ) poor broke ass country boy. I hope to have less than $400K into both cars. This Covid ordeal has canceled a bunch of jobs I had coming in, hence the reason I haven’t been working on my Lola project. My wife wants me to forget about the ZO6 and finish the Lola. But until I get my knees replaced I probably couldn’t get in and out of the Lola. And they won’t fix them because the cardiologist won’t sign off currently.
BUT, there are so many people out there that are much much worse off than I am. Currently no dirt nap planned.

Regards Brian

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
'Getting back to the Z06: I've >heard< this car will (like the upcoming "Zora") be another one of those "limited production" cars destined ONLY for "special people" as determined by the 'glass tower' dwellers :rolleyes: ...we commoners won't be worthy enough...even individuals who could buy 10 of them. How TRUE any of that may be is TBD.

So true unfortunately, just look at how many new FGT's remain in a garage until the 2 year no sale contract is up only to then immediately go up for sale. If I were able to get one at MSRP I'd be driving the snot out of it!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
This is true Chris, but Markus asked again in post 8 about current prices.
And then it got sidetracked. But it was also answered above.
“Hello all,
bumping up an old thread - does anybody know how much the cost of a new RBT 5 speed is today?
Thanks,
Markus. “

Regards Brian

Back