What is the "Best Color" for a GT40?

If you have to paint a new car, what color would you choose?
I am at the point that I need to choose a color and stripes for my car and need some help from the forum. Except the Gulf colors there must be a color and stripe combination that most people like.
No yellow or Gulf colors for me.

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Johann,

If you poke around using the search tool, you'll definitely get some answers... heres one. Click HERE

Good luck with the decision - it ain't an easy one!

T.

Thanks Dutton, I am new on GT40s and any directions and tips to use this forum are welcome.

Pat, I think it is going to be red or blue.

What is a good price to pay for a paint job?

Ron Earp

Admin
Johann, I know of a good painter and fellow racer about an hour and a half from Cary. If you're interested let me know. I don't know of any good ones in the Raleigh area but I am sure there are some. Avoid T&R should you run across them in Apex, beware.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
As Henry Ford said "......you can have any color you want as long as it's black" :thumbsup:

to me on a MK1, guardsman blue with wimbleton white stripes is the best. It is an original color.

gt40003-1.jpg

to me on a MK1, guardsman blue with wimbleton white stripes is the best. It is an original color.

Hi Chuk
At the moment red is 48% and blue 52% on my list.
I do have time till Monday to decide and it looks like it is going to be blue.
Sorry Henry, no black for me!:thumbsdown:

IMHO black with silver stripes is my choice but I have to say, if your looking into lighter colors, check out Mike Trusty's car color. Its a copperesque color that, in my opinion is one of the most beautiful colors I've seen on a car.

BTW, metallics and darker colors tend to show off the curves of our 40's better.

my .02
Rich.

Tim Dutton did a magnificent job of posting a pdf. of many of the members cars, paint scheme, and codes. Go here http://www.gt40s.com/forum/how-inte...gt40-forum-member-paint-codes.html#post240146 to find the link to the document. My painter never came through with my codes or it would be on there as well. Mine is Ford Dark Shadow Grey. We removed the red tones to make it more grey. The stripes are from the TV series "Trucks" of a truck they nicknamed "Copperhead" for the new color they came up with that was, you guessed it, Copper. My painter tried to talk me out of my choice. It is a little unusual, but it apeals to me. If I ever get the codes I will send them on to Tim.

Bill

26457-gt40-forum-member-paint-codes.html

Attachments

• Front fans.jpg
    Front fans.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 361
Back