What tires is this car using?

The car, P1085 has some WIDE tires it runs on. It does not show to good in the pics in the other tread, but if you have seen it in Octane, you see them good, but they are not mentioned in the text there.

Here is a link to a pic I took out of the magazine showing the rear:
Pål-Anders Grøva's Photos | Facebook

Last edited:
As good as none. I have only found 275 wide tracktires from Yokohama here in Norway. Classic racing with the likes of GT40's and Lola's is non-existing here, so no use to stock those tires. Norway is to small they say, so I will need to import some myself.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Same way as over at the PI forum. Only smaller, much smaller. ;)

Looking nice!

Mark

Attachments

• 209108862_DSC05332-2.jpg
    209108862_DSC05332-2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 286
Paul,

1085 runs on 430/1160-15 front and 530/1500-15 rear Dunlop CR82 race tyres and you will be able to order them and have them shipped to you.

Please realise though that these are racing tyres and not strictly road legal. They will never work properly until brought up to temperature and will "go off" after so many heat cycles. They are a historic pattern tyre and thin walled and will not take kindly to road use and verge or kerb clipping, so please be warned.

They look great, but in my opinion, should not be used for "general" road use. Dunlop do not mark them "for racing only" which helps a little, but they are not fully "e marked", which could lead to problems with testers, police or insurance claims.

Hope this helps you,

Graham.

Thanks for the warning Graham.

I expected them not to be ideal for the road, but I have stocked up a bit on 345 Yokohama's, but I was also looking for tires better suited for the car when I hopefully next summer hit the track. For now, I run 295 on 18" rear, and it do look good I think, but stil, it is no match for the look of a wide GT4 Pantera. And that is what I will change on the car next.

Will have to buy from outside Norway. Went yesterday to my my lokal tiresupplyer, that rang up Dunlop's importer here, and they could not supply the tires they said..

HI

new modern semi slicks ( Michelin pilot race or similar tires) on your 18" wheels will probably outperform the dunlops in every condition. Availability is far better and price maybe also.
Besides that you car is beautifull as it is , or would you change a Claudia Schiffer backside to a Jaylo rear ?

TOM

I would easily go as wide as I can. I have a overvelming interest in cars that was outrageous in the late 80's, and still is "to much" for some. Wide fendered Pantera's, Countach LP400S, König Ferraris, dp Porsche 935 and it's likes is cars that I like. I'm presently working on a kit to replicate the dp1 Porsche... Some say you cant go to low, I say you can't go wide enough.

Paal,

In all seriousness, unless your intended racing is in an FIA historic governed series i would not think the CR82s would give you the best adhesion.
Eglitom is probably right about 18"..... and may your Gods be with you in damp or wet conditions with the Dunlops!!!

Graham.

Back