Who got good Christmas presents?

G

Anyone get any fab GT40 related presents this year, say a new engine? Brian, did you get the wheels that were at the top of your Santa list?

I bought two Scaletrix 40's in November and told Wendy that they would do for me, so I didn't see them again. Feeble effort in trying to make them a surprise.

Snag is, still haven't seen them! They didn't show up yesterday. Ripped off by my own wife. Really!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

However, I did get the book, Ford Versus Ferrari which should be a good read. That just about gets Wendy off the hook!

Malcolm
grin.gif
grin.gif

PS this means that somewhere in my house are two GT40 scaletrix cars. But where?

[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

No wheels, but it is my fault, I have to get off my butt and decide to go with 15s or 17s.....Maybe I'll call PS today and have a chat about wheels....

Ron Earp

Admin
Hey,

I got a great one: A call from Hershal wanting to come out and help me work on the car!!! Can't get any better than that! The world needs more Hershals, that is for sure!

Ron

Hi all

Well, my 306 long rod engine finally arrived just in time for Christmas.

Best wishes to all
Chris

47b2cc07b3127cce93592b0bef330000001410

[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: Chris Melia ]

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Not really GT40 related but an old friend of mine who worked for Shelby, then Gurney AAR and then Parnelli gave me an original paving block from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and they DO have a GT 40 in the museum. That counts doesn't it?

Rick

How about the whole car?? Peter P. tells me that ERA would like to have 2072 ready for pickup around the end of the year...which isn't far away. The ultimate Christmas present!! Now, if I could only talk Santa into paying for it!!!

Sorry - I can not figure out how to post pictures. I'll have to wait until my teenager can teach me.

Ron Earp

Admin
Jay, when is yours scheduled? I think I've got some stuff in with yours but I've got Hershal coming out before long and we'll need my parts to fit everything up.

Ron

My very cool wife got me a day at the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Richmond International Raceway. I can't wait, but as my first on-track experience, I must admit that I'm a little nervous. I got her horseback riding lessons; I've already got the car, so now she'll probably want a horse! Max.

I had been dropping endless hints to all my family since August that I would 'REALLY LIKE A RACE SUIT/FACE MASK/HELMET/GLOVES ETC'from Santa, as most years all I receive are the compulsary socks and underwear.
So, come Crimbo morning there,under the tree,was a large pacel bursting at the seams. It had to be the items I requested!
Arms flailing I ripped at the paper and there they were.

SOCKS AND PANTS.

I guess either they are all deaf or they think there is something dodgy going on in my lower regions that requires constant re-clothing!!!!!

My Christmas comes in january (sometime)
rolleyes.gif
Its somewhere between the "Canal" and Savannah. Now if I can just finish the paperwork
shocked.gif

fd91b080.jpg.orig.jpg

Lots of work to be done. Other than that I got lots of computer equip. Cd burner and network stuff. That should keep me busy til It gets here. Hope the image came through, otherwise I'll have to get my kids to show me how to post.
Bill

I got some books: Carroll Smith's Tune to Win and Nuts, Bolts, Fasteners and Plumbing Handbook as well as A French Kiss With Death. Good bathroom reading!
smile.gif

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mark Worthington ]

This year nothing special was under the tree for me. I did get a leaking water heater though. That was nice.
Last year by far was enough for me . It was 1 year ago today I went to the airport to pick up a very special gift from my wife and RF. My GT40!
That gift will be just fine for me for many Christmases to come.
Hope everyone's could be so good.
John

Did anyone gwt one of those mini full functioning R/C cars? My brother-in-law did and I want one! cb

Hi Chip and all
Your posting reminds me that I have a Kyosho R/C 1/10th Gas Car to build sometime. Roy Smart also has a couple although one is somewhat shredded after an accident with a home built wind tunnel that was being used to test some 'downforce' theories. A very amusing incident at the time, a 30KW 3-phase electric fan really has some power!!

Perhaps I should post a full story.

Merry Christmas.

Paul Thompson

Wife bought me Brake parts for the Cobra...none of the pieces fit,
mad.gif
with brake grease all the way to my elbows, I repackaged everything back.

And now,,,she is going to do the right thing and exchange them for GT40 brake parts
grin.gif

The only problem ,,,, I have to fork out the rest of the money
frown.gif
She is soooo cheap!

Back