Wild fires Australia

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
West of Sydney over 200 homes lost with many more damaged. Please pray to whoever your god is that no lives will be lost. Stay safe people.

There has been a concerted effort by our Greeny mob to clamp down on organised fire control burning for the last few years. Reports indicate that the manageable fire load is 10 tonnes per hectare, but we have 40 tonnes per hectare as a result of the wind back of controlled burns. I will leave the metric/imperial translation to others.

Seems our dark skinned original residents handled this fire regime far, far better than we can.

Clive

Keith

There has been a concerted effort by our Greeny mob to clamp down on organised fire control burning for the last few years. Reports indicate that the manageable fire load is 10 tonnes per hectare, but we have 40 tonnes per hectare as a result of the wind back of controlled burns. I will leave the metric/imperial translation to others.

Seems our dark skinned original residents handled this fire regime far, far better than we can.

Clive

Good points! I had no idea they had abandoned that traditional process. Save The Bloody Planet and burn the bugger down while you're doing it. Damned do gooders. :veryangry:

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter

Clive

The biggest problem we have is that we are not allowed cut an exclusion zone back from our fences and we are not allowed to burn on a regular basis for fear of upsetting the greenies or carbon counters.
The end result is now being felt.
Dimi

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
:Amen to that, even more special is the fact the vast majority of fire fighters are volunteers.

Clive, you are correct about the green movement clamping down on control burning, famously their was a chap in Victoria who defied the order and cleared his property despite the " rules" he was fined $50,000. In the Victorian fires a couple of years back his house was the only one to survive in his village.
In an infamous piece of total hypocrisy the leader of the greens tried to blame the fires on Prime minister Abbot, himself a volunteer fire fighter, saying the fires were caused by global warming and Abbot repealing the carbon tax was at fault.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-make-me-see-red/story-fni0cwl5-1226744773792

Last edited:
It just sounds so logical to have a few meters cleared around your property. Coming to think of that. that should become a law.

Z.C.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
I believe it was a "military accident" that was the cause of one of the major blazes -- and they (useless pricks) get paid to stay away while volunteers get to clean up the mess for the community.
A pilot has lost his life while water bombing these fires also

sorry Keith, I didn't want to use swear words

Last edited:
the truth of the matter though as unreasonable as it sounds, is this country is designed to have bush fires and has been that way for centuries, , that's the reason why various species of our flora wont survive with out a fire, as its the heat from the fire that opens the seed pods so they can repropergate etc, its only in the last 50 odd years as the population has moved further inland to be at one with nature , that we have a problem, and now the Greenies are trying to rewrite the rule book of nature.
something has to give. and its usually the poor volunteers out there trying to control it, to save houses that really shouldn't be there in the first place.
cheers John

cheers John

Keith

the truth of the matter though as unreasonable as it sounds, is this country is designed to have bush fires and has been that way for centuries, , that's the reason why various species of our flora wont survive with out a fire, as its the heat from the fire that opens the seed pods so they can repropergate etc, its only in the last 50 odd years as the population has moved further inland to be at one with nature , that we have a problem, and now the Greenies are trying to rewrite the rule book of nature.
something has to give. and its usually the poor volunteers out there trying to control it, to save houses that really shouldn't be there in the first place.
cheers John

cheers John

Tell that to the drop bears, from what I've heard, they're not particularly fans either...

To Oz, with love from the USA;

"Environmental activist Al Gore has likened Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's insistence that wildfires are not linked to climate change to the tobacco industry claiming smoking does not cause lung cancer."

http://www.france24.com/en/20131024-al-gore-wades-australia-debate-linking-bushfires-climate

We've had huge fires in the US because its "unnatural" to clean out old growth, dead trees, leaves, etc. The greenies keep inventing problems which create a whole new genre of disasters.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What a complete and utter twat Al Gore is, he knows nothing about the Australian bush and makes these inane statements from the air conditioned comfort of his mansion, or aeroplane or office, all of which add to his huge carbon foot print. Hypocrite.

Keith

He knows exactly where Australia is and all about it. He even went skiing there one Christmas, up in the mountains - drank Glühwein and enjoyed a good Schnitzel. He told me so.

Back