Windscreen - Cross Reference Guide

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Very handy Howard. Thanks! Any plans to include rear windows as well? I was planning a glass rear window from the CAV for my GTD, as I've been told it should fit properly. Of course, any first-hand confirmations are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Mark

I have sent an email to Dan White for some input on the subject. Dan is a major supplier of windscreens here in the U S, and should know which style each would use, or at least some of the similarities between brands. If he sends the info rather than post, I will pass it on.

Bill

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi all
Just for the record a rear glass screen from an RF will fit into a DRB.

This is confirmed as I have it in my car DRB #68.

Paul at RF was very helpful in supplying when asked.

Dimi

Hi Chris,
Don't Know if it's ford but here's the picture

Attachments

• IMG_2835 (Small).jpg
    IMG_2835 (Small).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 704
it read's
113699 01 02 005 tis:0500181101
1560.00 x 760.00 sgu:479089

ford gt40 oa 90 vsg-g

ws_uv 063 klar klar bfg sa oa

ford gt40/bfg

Frank

Somehow my post yesterday got lost. So here it is again.

I have written Dan White who is a major supplier of screens here in the U S., and asked for his info on this topic. He may post here, or he may just write back . Either way the info will be posted as soon as it gets here. Should help fill out the spreadsheet.

Bill

Reading this thread reminded me of something. I don't want to ever have to replace my windshield, so, the last time my SPF Mk1 was at Olthoff's shop, Dennis had a clear plastic covering applied over the glass. Apparently it is used on racecars to protect the windshield and can be used as a tearoff (like on helmet visors). Mine has two layers, and each one is removeable if needed. It is unnoticeable, and I haven't gotten any rock chips in the glass since. And it wasn't very expensive, iirc.

Jack

Back