XtremeClassics new aero device

CAUTION: Purists should delete before reading.

I am pleased to announce:

splitter2.640.jpg

Hot off the mold and not installed yet but

on_car2.640.jpg

and

on_car3.640.jpg

This splitter will only fit an ERA but we will have splitters for other manufacturers soon. Sill extensions are still a month away and the rear diffuser design is about 90% finished.

The device should cancel the front end aerodynamic lift experienced with the MkI and MkII body style. Shooting from the hip... I'm willing to bet this splitter will force more air into the radiator opening and possibly help cars with marginal cooling systems.

More pics here.

Enjoy.

Mark

Mark

Purist or not, that's a pretty impressive moulding. Very nice work once again.

Rob

Have you figured what one will cost? Are they for sale?
Nathan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Mark, Expect a flurry of private E-Mails from us GTD racers as soon as you've got that mold ready!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Absolutely they are for sale.

Splitter $850 USD
Sill Extensions ~$750 USD for a pair (tentatively)
Rear Diffuser $$$$ much more complex

I haven't quite figured out how to package and ship the splitter yet.

Labor in the DC area is not cheap. I may be able to find someone elsewhere willing to manufacture it cheaper now that the first one exists. My main priority was getting made in the first place and that had to be local.

There are other considerations. With a 5 inch front ride height you can open the nose without the splitter hitting the ground. If your car is lower you'll have to raise the car to open the nose.

I'll have the splitter installed in the next couple days and I will write up any issues I find and put it on my web site so no one is surprised.

Mark

That is a very smart looking piece of kit, well designed and looks as if it was always meant to be there. Are you planning to do any wind tunnel testing to verify its effect?

Well done, regards, Mike

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mark, Beautiful peice of work, good luck with the rest of the parts! We've a wind tunnel up here in Ottawa that the Nascar teams use for testing, lets get some real numbers on these cars...

Back