ZF scam - Watch out

Johnny if you have an address I'm in Scotland and can get in touch with him to confirm its real or a fraud.

Brian Magee

Supporter
I have been looking at a Vincent motorcycle engine on Craigslist. I replied to the advert and he came back saying the engine could be viewed in Inverness Highland and was signed Gab. I was tempted to buy it sight unseen but now I have my doubts if it exists. Is this the same person?

Brian.

For any major ($5,000.00+) ebay or craigslist purchase, I pay in person, on the spot, and secure possession/control over the item concurrent with payment. There's no way I'm paying a large amount of money for some item, and then waiting on the promise/hope that they're legit and going to actually send it (and it looks like what it's supposed to). That said, I have bought (sight unseen) many items of more than $10,000 in value from members of this forum and never had any concern (or reason to be concerned). I guess it all boils down to reputation, credibility and familiarity.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Craigslist is a sea of scams lately and as it is purely a means of putting seller in contact with potential buyer, offers no protection whatsoever. I would only make a purchase via Craigslist in the same manner as Cliff.

Fortunately with forums like this there is often a member in the vicinity who can at least confirm said item exists.

Brian,

The ZF scammer also claims to be called Gab. He has very conveniently had some kind of operation on his mouth so could not possibly speak with me on the phone. I asked him lots of questions via email to which he replied "I am selling it on behalf of a friend in Norway so dont know anything about it" I asked for an email address for his friend in Norway but did not get a response, funny that. He claims to be in Elgin, Morayshire somewhere near Inverness.

He does not accept pp or credit card only bank transfer. I think he claims to be right up there in Scotland because it's a long way to drive for most so he hopes to arrange and bank transfer and then he will ship the tranny, yeah right! When we suggested we send a local friend around with cash he went very quite - funny that.

I was enquiring on behalf of a friend as I dont need a tranny. We soon realised it was a scam. What a big waste of our time.

Baron, he did give us an address but I am sure it would be fake. dont waste your time.

Johnny

I have been looking at a Vincent motorcycle engine on Craigslist. I replied to the advert and he came back saying the engine could be viewed in Inverness Highland and was signed Gab. I was tempted to buy it sight unseen but now I have my doubts if it exists. Is this the same person?

Brian.

I wouldn't buy anything Vincent of any value without talking the the HRD owners club first. Its world wide and between them they've pretty much got the goods on anything that ever came out of Stevenage.

Johnny, ther are a few checks I do if I smell a rat.

Google the phone no's, you might get a surprise!

Google earth is your friend, good chance even in the highlands that it may appear.

If you have a name/ post code, even better, google that and see what it brings up.

I don't know much about Craigslist, but ebay people try to hide some of there details, sometimes they want to remain private, true, but more often than not there being evasive for a reason.

Johnny if you have an address I'm in Scotland and can get in touch with him to confirm its real or a fraud.

I'm very interested in this, if you can find out if he's real or not, his address is;

Gab Muller
25 Longman Road
Inverness
Highland
IV1 1RY

In his email to me he told me he'd had an operation on his mouth so couldn't speak on the phone, it maybe true but after asking he didn't give me a contact phone number.

Keith

Last try...

Clipboard01-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thats on the Longman Industrial Estate near the bridge to the Balck Isle and not a residential address.
Have a look at this: It could be : <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>IV1 1RY</TD><TD>Albyn Video Games - Inverness</TD></TR><TR><TD>IV1 1RY</TD><TD>Mrg (Scotland) Ltd - Inverness</TD></TR><TR><TD>IV1 1RY</TD><TD>NessJobs.com - Inverness</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PostCode Index - IV

Emailed him a couple of days ago asking for some history on the box like how long had he owned it where had it been stored etc. and also for a home address and phone number, as yet no response.

SCAM SCAM SCAM.
You must NOT part with ANY MONEY until you can see and touch the item for sale.
So many tosspot scammers out there "working abroad" or "the item is with my brother" or some other bullshit.
AT THE VERY LEAST you need to actually speak to someone on the phone (although even that is not a gaurantee) they are everywhere now, Gumtree, Preloved, Craiglist.
You MUST approach every seller and item as if they are a scammer trying to part you from your money and only buy stuff you or a friend can see.
They ALWAYS tell you they are in Scotland or NI because 99% of people won't make the trip.
I had one todat tell me he was in Dundee. I replied with "what a coincidence, so am I, can I come and see the item?" needless to say, no reply.
PLEASE take note of this advice, I will be asking questions later!

Simon

Another one from earlier today....

"Hi,

Thank you so much for your response and for your interest in buying my sony camcorder.
Unfortunately, I just arrived in Italy and I'm going to stay here as long as my job requires. I left the camcorder to my brother, before leaving to Italy, he's from Liverpool. If interested indeed in buying it and have the funds available, please let me know and we'll set up a meeting at your proposal or I can also have the camcorder delivered up to your address..
Where are you located?

Thank you

Pauleta "

See? all bullshit

And another scammer from earlier this week...

"In order us to use ukash i need your full name and delivery address and after that they will contact you with an invoice.

You will have to buy a Ukash from a local store near you in order to send it to Ukash , after that i must ship the item next day and send you the tracking number.

Finally after you will receive the item and test it i can get my money from Ukash.

let me know if there's something else i may help you with."

I've never heard of Ukash but I'm guessing it's like the western union scams, you'll never get your money back

Simon

Keith

Simon, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that these people are not entirely kosher? :blank:

Back