CAV109MONO Progress

OK well on the way here on the build project.....here is a pic of the painted item after baking in the spray booth.......6 coats of primer.....2 basecoat.....3 clear another flat and 3 more clear...Thank goodness.....

Will continue to post as I am progressing with the CAV build and all the latest mods...

Stephen

Attachments

• 68738-cav109.jpg
    68738-cav109.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 616
Wee bit more progress here, turning focus to the gearbox and motor soon.....

Attachments

• 70408-chassis.jpg
    70408-chassis.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 603
Ron,
Purists will be critical, but the colour was chosen because it looked good to me.....it is Proton Pearl Blue (lighter of the two shades)...White has some Pearl in it too to bring it off white, but limited to keep the thickness down making for smooth transition...
Cheers

On the wheels excluding motor......really happy with how things are panning out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 72266-DSC02507.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 571
Johann,

Thanks, I have been travelling for the last couple of weeks so have not been around CAV to see your car but the guys tell me that DART monster is sounding pretty good! Will be a handfull of fun I am sure

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hope you're recovered! That was a cold one here in NY, eh? Now we have 66 degrees!
Don't forget to post or send pics of the upholstery job you did for the doors and the headliner.

Cheers!
Ray

PS, haven't even gotten a season out of the Cobra and I've sold it to Vinny, I found another in matching Titanium with a big block 460 in it. Picking it up today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Ray,

Will be sure to send you some pics of the leatherwork real soon.

Inspite of the cold weather in New York it was a fantastic short stop, fantastic to see two of your collection including the CAV. Was also a great opportunity to see P1056 getting restored, quite remarkable.

You must be more popular than ever in your community with the 460 Cobra...Please send me some pics when you get chance.

In the meantime here is one of mine alongside Geoff Hurrell's red CAV, two component cars from CAV...

Thanks for the heat protection and the JEGs magazine, helped during the 23hr flight back to South Africa.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Steve

Back