SPF P2174 now living in Iowa

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Well gents, after watching for quite some time, the right opportunity presented itself and a tentative deal was made subject to inspection and driving. At 6:00 A.M. the following Saturday I was wheels up heading from Iowa to Seattle and at 11:30 A.M. Pacific time, after squeezing my 6'2" frame into the driver's seat, I had my foot to the floor on I-405. Ownership immediately followed. I took delivery two weeks later on Labor Day afternoon. In a form of cruel and unusual punishment, I’ve been traveling almost continuously since but coming home to see the SPF P2174 sitting atop my lift was a pinch me moment. :thumbsup:

It’s a typically appointed SPF MkII with Roush 427SR, contemporary RBT -2 ZF, and has 17” Halibrands with Nitto NT01 skins. Just a few hundred (primarily) street miles on the clock. So much to say and do but ownership is a huge step taken on the journey from dreamer to driver. Thanks to my friends that encouraged the buy and will undoubtedly provide invaluable support along the way forward.
<FONT face=Arial><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
P><P><FONT alt=
Looking forward to forum membership as an owner and making some new friends along the way.

<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Best Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Kelly<o:p></o:p>

Attachments

• DSC02588.JPG
    DSC02588.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 416
  • DSC02590.JPG
    DSC02590.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC02584.JPG
    DSC02584.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 411
  • DSC02558.JPG
    DSC02558.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 440
  • DSC02612.JPG
    DSC02612.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Congratulations and enjoy it is a beautiful car. The Pantera you have is also a beautiful car and what a great color. I would not be able to decide which one to drive.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Kelly, how far are you from KC? I am 3.5 hours from KC due south. Mike is another 4 hours from me and well Kirby is in another country. Would be nice to have a Fall tour of the Ozarks! Brain Petty is 4 hours away in Wichita KS, we could have great time. You'll have to do the seat mod like Kirby so you will fit. Congratulations!

Kirby Schrader

They're mostly silver
Lifetime Supporter
Kelly,

That is a really cool car! I love the color!

Jack,

Kelly is miles from you. About the same as I am in 'another country'!
:stunned:

You need to visit.
:idea:

Kirby

Kelly, how far are you from KC? I am 3.5 hours from KC due south. Mike is another 4 hours from me and well Kirby is in another country. Would be nice to have a Fall tour of the Ozarks! Brain Petty is 4 hours away in Wichita KS, we could have great time. You'll have to do the seat mod like Kirby so you will fit. Congratulations!

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Kelly, how far are you from KC? I am 3.5 hours from KC due south. Mike is another 4 hours from me and well Kirby is in another country.

Jack, I'm 370 miles from KC. A good 5-5 1/2 hours anyway.

Would be nice to have a Fall tour of the Ozarks! Brain Petty is 4 hours away in Wichita KS, we could have great time.

Sure would. I have a pretty advanced case of gainful employement, full blown domestication & martital bliss going right now with heavy emphasis on the first of the three. I also need to sort and shake down the car. I'll have to see how it goes but I'm definitely looking forward to such excursions.

You'll have to do the seat mod like Kirby so you will fit. Congratulations!

It's a given along with moving the pedal box to max. If I tried five hours in the car now it would end in double amputation from my knees down.

That is a really cool car! I love the color!

Well Kirby, you have impecable taste.

Best,
Kelly

Last edited:
Kelly, beautiful car - stunning really. I'm sure you're very impressed with the performance!

Did you buy from Park Place in Seattle? They sell a few SPFs and seem to have a good reputation. I've bought a few cars through them and all has been well.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Kelly!

North of you by a little ways in Minneapolis - but we may be able to plan something one day... Although my car will not be completed this year..

Welcome, Kelly. I'm almost an Iowan, being originally from the Quad Cities (Moline). Most of my relatives are still in Davenport, Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. I live a couple hours east, but I get out there from time to time. You are going to have a blast with that car!

Great looking car Kelly and welcome... Great tire selection as well, they stick like glue when they heat up...... are those 315's in the rear?? Let me know when you drive down to Los Angeles. :))))

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me!
I was just in Eureka Springs and had a wonderful time....highway #16 & 23 have to be the BEST roads in the world! Any excuse to go back would be great.

Kelly,
Congrats on a great looking car.

Brian

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Kelly, beautiful car - stunning really. I'm sure you're very impressed with the performance!

Thank you and Yup, I like it!! :thumbsup::D

Did you buy from Park Place in Seattle? They sell a few SPFs and seem to have a good reputation. I've bought a few cars through them and all has been well.

No. Purchased it from a private owner. -Good guy. The car is known to this site. I'm the third owner. Never been titled.

Take care,
Kelly

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations Kelly!

North of you by a little ways in Minneapolis - but we may be able to plan something one day... Although my car will not be completed this year..

Thanks Randy. I'll look forward to that day!

K

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Kelly. I'm almost an Iowan, being originally from the Quad Cities (Moline). Most of my relatives are still in Davenport, Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. I live a couple hours east, but I get out there from time to time. You are going to have a blast with that car!

You'll have to look me up Daryl. I live within a couple miles of where I-80 crosses the Mississippi River. Happy to say I've lived here all my life and really like it. You could knock a month off the front end and tail end of Winter for me and bolt it on to Spring and Fall. ;-)

K

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Great looking car Kelly and welcome... Great tire selection as well, they stick like glue when they heat up...... are those 315's in the rear?? Let me know when you drive down to Los Angeles. :))))

315/35 ZR17s on the rear, 235/40 ZR17 on front. $240 and $160 each respectively. I agree, they're good value performance tire. I visit LA frequently, unfortunately just not in the GT.

Thanks for the replies all.

K

You'll have to look me up Daryl. I live within a couple miles of where I-80 crosses the Mississippi River. Happy to say I've lived here all my life and really like it. You could knock a month off the front end and tail end of Winter for me and bolt it on to Spring and Fall. ;-)

K

Know the area well. We used to water ski on the river there near the lock and dam. Now my wife likes to drive over in winter and watch the bald eagles in the same spot. You'll have to let me know if there are any car events going on and I'll head over.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Know the area well. We used to water ski on the river there near the lock and dam. Now my wife likes to drive over in winter and watch the bald eagles in the same spot. You'll have to let me know if there are any car events going on and I'll head over.

That's the place. More likely I'll be heading towatrd you. I have a couple acquaintences that make the trek to Audubon club trak. That must be close to you. Not sure I can get there this year before the snow flies but I'll keep ypu in mind. Also need to make some new friends in Rockford. That track is closer to me.

Take care Daryl.

Kelly

Welcome to the fold. I've only had my car running for a month so I know the feeling. Did you have to do anything to fit? I had a guy your height in the car and he lasted about 4 blocks before he wanted out, head badly bend over but he was in the passenger seat. I wouldn't think that, that would matter as there is less than an inch of padding under your butt on either side. Was the dealer Park-Place in Seattle?

Enjoy your beautiful car.

Back