fuel filler hose

napa sell fuel filler hose.

there's also a super duper bendy fuel filler hose Cam and I are using that's exclusive to a manufacturer in the UK.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Jay can you share with us what the inlet size is on the tank and what the outlet size is on the Sparco filler. I would go in on a buy with you for the hose that is flexible from Europe.

Guys...od of both is 2 inches...

That darn Sparco fuel neck is one of the hardest things I source...there are never enough in stock in the USA...sometimes I have to wait months to get them.

I am just venting a little as I just heard that I am going to have to wait a month for the next shipment from Europe....and we only have 6 left in stock..bugger.

Here is a link to the flex fuel hose that Alex and others bought.
Ultra Flexible Fuel Filler Hose 51mm (2") - FFF51
Basically it's ultra flexible 2" by 20" hose. Will this be the correct length for one car? Anybody else want to go in buying this product to save on shipping?

Yea, that'st he one I found.

It's VERY flexible. And by very, I mean VERY. Well worth it for routing.

Guys...od of both is 2 inches...

That darn Sparco fuel neck is one of the hardest things I source...there are never enough in stock in the USA...sometimes I have to wait months to get them.

I am just venting a little as I just heard that I am going to have to wait a month for the next shipment from Europe....and we only have 6 left in stock..bugger.

I didn't like my neck so I taught it a lesson :)

tank2-3.jpg

Fran,
The OD on my Sparco fill neck is 2.25. Did they changed the OD to 2.00 on the ones they make you wait for now?

Okay guy's and gal's, here you go:
If you have the 2.25 inch OD Sparco filler nesk you need the following inexpensive parts from your local Autozone, etc.:
Gates fuel fill hose 24717 (90 degrees)
Gates fuel fill hose 24713 (45 degrees)
one each exhaust adapter ROI 2-inch ID to 2-1/4 inch OD
This will allow you to use the adapter on the straight sections to join the two filler hoses. The Sparco 2.25 inch neck fits into the Gates 24713, and the Gates 24717
fits the fuel tank spud. All you will need are some hose clamps for the adapter. Suggest tee-bolt clamps.

Sorry, for got to add the adapter part number.

ROI 548543

Last edited:
Jay, if you're anywhere near the shoreline of Ontario you could try a marine supply store there. Good marine supply stores always have a good selection of large diameter fuel grade hoses. Make sure the hose you're installing is fuel grade for the alcohol infused fuel being used in most gas stations these days, particularly is there's a point in the host where fuel will be sitting in constant contact.

If you must have marine fuel hose, look for USCG type A also marked SAE J1527.
There are lots of lesser grade hose in marine stores.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Can someone please confirm what the outside diameter is of the current Sparco filler pipe that is supplied with the car.

This is confusing as some guys are saying it's 2 1/4" and others are saying it's 2".

Back