016 reinforcing plate

Dose any one have a DX file drawing of the plate so I can get one made up down here in the antipodes
any help appreciated
cheers John

This is pretty blurred. Unfortunately it is the best I have. This drawing is on the sight somewhere.

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    205.5 KB · Views: 297

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
This is the best I've got (attachment). Look at page 9.

Attachments

• Audi 016 Gearbox Reinforcing plate installation[1].pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 361
I see the work instructions say remove the dowels but dont say to reinstall? am i missing something or are the dowels left out?

You must put the dowels in as it aligns the rear bearings to the input and pinion shafts , the originals are short I used alloy tube as it was a perfect size 10 or 12 mm from memory.

John I have a dxf at work for the plate if the others posted are no good.
I was getting them made thicker say 12mm then getting it surface ground to 10mm, or 10mm ground to 7 this is all of memory as I dont have the info in front of me.

Jim

Here's a little pictorial of how one guy did the installation.

When I was putting the plate on mine I was a lot more careful I think (don't use a screwdrive to pry against a mating surface.....).

The dowels do need to be longer. Pretty straight forward installation I think. Depending on what ratios you have, you may have to open up the inside space of the plate a bit to accommodate - I did, not so easy when it's a hardened plate. Machine off 1/4 inch of the back cover and re-install.

Attachments

• Gearbox Reinforcing plate installation[1].pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 290
Hi John
Sorry to muck you around.
The IGES file that Ryan has found is the same as the one I have.
Does anyone know if this reinforcing plate is correct and has used this particular one.
When I finally make one for myself I will make a couple extra.

Cheers Craig

Back