#1075 bulkhead question

The picture shows the bulkhead of the 1/8th scale kit from Altaya. Can someone please be so kind and provide me with info what those marked parts are and how they are supposed to look? Thank you :)!

Ed McClements

Supporter
I think the lower part is an ignition amplifier?

1625475905431.png

Close-up pictures of ignition amps in this thread:-

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
As for the second puzzle.....

What is it? Door striker plate - I Think!?
How does the correct one from 1075 looks like? I have no idea!

Gruß vom Bodensee
Markus

Thank you, Danke and Merci :). Second puzzle solved. Now I can finally reproduce those parts. Pics to follow...

I am quite a happy bunny now :D

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Volker,

I'm afraid that on 1075 the door striker plate looks different than the regular, same as for the outside door handle.....

Depending on how accurate your modell needs to be some more research could be needed......

Give it some more time here - eventually more feedback is coming.....

Markus

Thanks for the kind advise! I want to replicate as detailed as possible. I think in my younger years I got infected with the "detail" virus ... :D

Markus

SPRF40
Lifetime Supporter
Superformance is offering a "toolroom copy" of 1075:

There are some great pics here:

HOWEVER, there is some discussion around that the Superformance 1075 "clone" is not accurate enough....

Here is also a source of information and detailed pics:
Also here - no idea what's original and what not, also what's the difference between 1075 and 1076....

Sorry, no intend to confuse you o_O

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Volker,

I'm afraid that on 1075 the door striker plate looks different than the regular, same as for the outside door handle.....

Depending on how accurate your modell needs to be some more research could be needed......

Give it some more time here - eventually more feedback is coming.....

Markus
Volker et Markus
The chrome latch striker on P1076 appears to made by Silent Travel.
Silent Travel strikers are typical of the wedge style as used on MG TCs but these were fitted to a fabricated box by JWA.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
This is a better shot of P1076.

The two "odd" Rover striker parts shown above are evidently not present. I say odd because they are not the usual standard ones on most original GT40s anyhow.

The photo below shows clearly enough that JWA had dispensed with the Rover claw latch, presumably to solve the historic problem with the doors opening or lifting at speed.
The "Silent Travel" latch mechanism has a spring loaded bolt which enters the hole in the tapered striker providing a more secure lock. The loop ended lanyard tied to the roll bar is also placed over the top lever in the window frame as a keeper to prevent to bolt reversing.
The fixing bracket is joggled to fit the inner profile of the striker.

I would assume that P1075 was furnished using the same fittings by JWA.

You can also see the Silent Travel / MG latch fitted on the inside of the door skin in the top left of this photo.

I might add this refinement to my own car however I would make the striker in steel as the OEM part appears to be cast.

COCKPIT BULKHEAD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back